SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, considering a bsr exhaust for my 2.0T. http://en.bsrab.se/products/4006321/
I cannot find any hard data about performance increases. contacted bsr and they told me they do not measure perf after their product is installed. so does that mean this $400 exhaust does nothing? can I believe their claims (quicker spool, etc). Im afraid I dont know anything about this stuff, and would like to know what you guys think. waste of money? worth it for the sound? thx in advance

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you want performance that you could notice in some other way than measuring on a dyno -> waste of money. It´s only the sound and the looks that´s going to change. Performance of a cat back system will be exactly the same as it was originally. On a butt dyno you wouldn´t even feel 10hp difference. That´s good to remember. Also CAI and other similar stuff are mainly for show. On a racetuned car they have some effect, but it´s totally a different game.

I´d say, keep the original. And if you want sound & look, you can always go to some mufflershop where they can replace the rear silencer and install nice chrome tip.

imo.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Since I have a dyno it is quite easy for me to test the before and after..

Here is from my -04 Aero 6 speed before stock and after with catback allowing time for adaption. If you make a run immediately after it will look even better but is not realistic.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have this:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_46&products_id=455
along with the bsr ppc upgrade (which I installed months b4 the exhaust). I could feel the difference immediately after the catback was installed. IMO its worth the money, and the exhaust note makes me happy. My employer made a comment one day "That car even sounds good" best compliment any 1 could make cause he didn't know I had bought a new exhaust.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm more interested in where you found it for $400 ;) ?

Cheapest I'm finding is $650 - $850

awjones said:
Hello, considering a bsr exhaust for my 2.0T. http://en.bsrab.se/products/4006321/
I cannot find any hard data about performance increases. contacted bsr and they told me they do not measure perf after their product is installed. so does that mean this $400 exhaust does nothing? can I believe their claims (quicker spool, etc). Im afraid I dont know anything about this stuff, and would like to know what you guys think. waste of money? worth it for the sound? thx in advance

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
He is probably confusing currency. Euro versus Dollar = :cry:

I have them for $509

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
acutally it was a typo. real price in usd was around $600 if my memory serves. sorry, was to lazy to edit the op. nick, where do you have them for $509? also, any thoughts on the bsr catbacks?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks clyde, couldnt view nicks profile (damn our isp @ the office sux), wasnt sure if he was associated with another site. cool avatar btw....

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I'd be interested in any pics showing the Installation, quality/finish of the build, welds, mandril bends etc. It seems when folks post a picture of there "exhaust" there just showing their car and the exhaust Tip! There could be anything under the car:D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
With the BSR catback I found that I lost my low-end torque a little since the exhaust now lets the engine breathe a little easier. However, the top end power is much better. I think it will work even better with stage 3 but I only have stage 2.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
NickTaliaferro said:
He is probably confusing currency. Euro versus Dollar = :cry:

I have them for $509
Now is a good time to trade with the US :cheesy: Do you have the Duplex system http://www.bsruk.co.uk/articles.asp?id=1049 ? and if you have what would it cost with shipping to the UK ?

Thanks

(Nothing ventured...nothing gained) !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts