SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Jay Spenchian's done a decent interview (he sounded pretty snappy and brief in the last one) with the AIDA (American Int Dealers Assoc).

Full article with background here.

Interview only here at the blog.

An excerpt:

MB: What about the advertising and marketing, do you plan any major changes?

JS: The “statement of independence” campaign we are running now is being evolved and modified into a more focused approach. It says Saab’s are different, but we need to give them reasons why they are different to add to brand consideration. Why Saab is different and letting you decide.

MB: How will you change the campaign?

JS: The inspiration for the new campaign will build on is Saab’s aircraft heritage. The history of building jets before we built cars. People find this fascinating, believable, unique. You do think differently when you build jets first and cars second. And that really explains a lot of why Saab is the way Saab is. (Saab does not own Saab aviation).

It's more of a marketing interview than a car interview, but interesting nonetheless.

G

·
Really, 248 dealers? And only a third of them are franchised with another GM brand? That's really interesting, considering all of them except like three in Southern California also sell Cadillacs, among other GMs.

But I'm liking this new ad campaign they were talking about. It seems more aggressive than the understated "Suitcases" and 9-7x ads. Even though the ones about the identical cars, suitcases, dresses, and houses were good, they didn't focus enough time on what they were actually selling, which is my main problem with a lot of comercials these days. If your selling a car, SHOW THE CAR!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am cautiously optimistic readint this interview. The most telling statement Jay makes is."it begins with and ends with product." He seems to have a good grasp on what Saab is about, and what makes the marque desireable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts