SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, I recently purchase my 08 Aero, but living in NYC is killing me. I never get to drive it and I am still paying for it! So, I am putting the feelers out there to see what kind of interest there is. If I can sell it then I plan to buy a GSXR 600, so I can actually ride around town!

She's a titan gray, 2008 Aero with a manual tranny. She was a CA car, so there is NO cold weather package, which I think makes the car look better up front.

The Good:

In the short time I've owned her, I've done a lot of work to her. She has a JZW stage 1 tune which upgrades her to 320hp, 405lb/ft. When I got the tune, I also replaced all the coils and plugs. The plugs are Densos. I also replaced the coolant, oil, steering and brake fluids and cabin filter.

She has a brand new FMIC from siliconeintakes.com. She also has the BSR Air Intake System. The filter needs cleaning. It was shipped to me like that.

She has the GS 3-Pt subframe brace, GS gear shifter reinforcement, the GS shifter bushings, a short shifter that has yet to be installed and the torque mount inserts from GS.. I also swapped out the front lower grille for the Turbo-X grille.

The paint is in great condition. The only bad spots are where the front license plate used to be and there's some curb rash on the bottom front bumper. I repainted the rear diffusor and mirror arms.

The car is in perfect mechanical condition. The tires still have a lot of tread on them, though, they do need to be rotated. They were brand new when I bought the car.

The interior is likewise in great shape.

The Bad:

Again, the only place where the paint is not so great is on the underside of the front bumper and where the front license plate was. You could get a vanity plate and cover that up. I was going to get one, but they were on back order.

Slight curb rash on one wheel.

Because this is NYC, my front end and rear end got bumped, so you will notice the side fender is a little off. I am sure it'd be an easy fix.

There appear to be a small burn on the headliner. It wasn't a smoker's car, but it looks like a cigarette burn.

The price: 15,000

I have looked at other cars out there and have found this to be a fair price. If you are a tuner, you will LOVE this car. She comes pre-equipped with everything you need. I am looking to break even on this deal, so I am not so flexible, but would be willing to entertain serious buyers. I am not in a dire need to sell, so I will not entertain low balls or people telling me "you're price is too high." Check cars.com and you will see other cars with higher mileage and not as many toys for more money. Like I said, seeing what the interest is.

PM me with questions or photo requests. Be sure to send me your personal email, so I can get you the photos. If you want specific photos please request them. My car is in a garage, so I would have to go up there and it's an hour hike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM replied to and pictures sent. Let me know if you have any questions or want more specific photos. Like I said, I'd have to go to the garage to take them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump. Have decided to sell. Considering offers, but no low balls. There's a lot of toys in this car, which will make someone looking to tune a car happy. She has not been driven hard.

Also, I didn't mention. I have 1 full key fob + blade and 2 (yes 2!) spare fobs that are programmed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bumpity bump. Looking for a quick-ish sale now, so I can pick out a bike. Willing to deliver to states in the New England/Northeast region.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Willing to drop the price to 14,500 for a quick sale. Really needing a motorcycle. Car is very impractical for me right now.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Maybe I missed it but how many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to post that, I'll edit it. 60K. It's not a daily driver, but I do take her out occasionally. Never raced or abused.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The money is a little high but beautiful car regardless. GLWS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What would be a more appropriate figure? I've looked on cars.com and autotrader and I can't find a single 08 Aero with 60k miles for under 16-18k. I think with all the extras it's a fine deal. I am open to considering offers, but I do have a very limited cutoff. I'm just finding myself spending TOO much money on my car and I'd like to get out before I put myself in debt! Haha.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
What would be a more appropriate figure? I've looked on cars.com and autotrader and I can't find a single 08 Aero with 60k miles for under 16-18k. I think with all the extras it's a fine deal. I am open to considering offers, but I do have a very limited cutoff. I'm just finding myself spending TOO much money on my car and I'd like to get out before I put myself in debt! Haha.
I'm thinking 13-14k max. The car is obviously beautiful and it seems like you've taken care of it but there is simply too small of a market for them. FWIW I sold my '07 Aero with similar extras including 19in HRE wheels (retail for 10k new, don't worry I bought them second hand:p) and only got $10,500 for it. When you can buy a brand new 9-3 with a few thousand (or even hundred) miles on it for 18k-19k, it really drives used prices down. As far as cars.com and autotrader goes, Rick from "Pawnstars" nails it when he says that advertised prices really don't dictate the value of an item such as a car, what the actual selling price is is what matters. Anyways, I hope you do sell it for your advertised price, I certainly think it's a hell of a car for that money but unfortunately the market doesn't agree:roll:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True. I guess I'm just frustrated at getting calls from people saying they'd give 11k for it and then telling me what I already know about Saab.

Well, if people are seriously interested in it, then I would be open to discussing a deal of some kind.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
True. I guess I'm just frustrated at getting calls from people saying they'd give 11k for it and then telling me what I already know about Saab.

Well, if people are seriously interested in it, then I would be open to discussing a deal of some kind.
Yeah 11K is too low IMO. I can see that getting frustrating! Perhaps lower the asking to 14k and hope to settle at 13-13.5?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am coming up to NYC this weekend, wondering if you would consider selling the 3 pt brace? I can pick it up

The car is gorgeous btw and that price would be a steal in Rhode Island, has it been on ebay? looks familiar

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have posted it in ebay. Thanks for the compliments. I cannot pull parts off the car. She is being sold as is, sorry. If you know any intersted buyers in RI send them my way. I am originally from RI! I can deliver also.

I am at a scion dealership now looking at the FR-S. i hope my car can go to a saabnut rather than a dealership.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have posted it in ebay. Thanks for the compliments. I cannot pull parts off the car. She is being sold as is, sorry. If you know any intersted buyers in RI send them my way. I am originally from RI! I can deliver also.

I am at a scion dealership now looking at the FR-S. i hope my car can go to a saabnut rather than a dealership.
Really Where from? I live Cranston, its a small world!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts