SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put remote start on mine.

first off you'll want wiring diagrams. Get the official 16v service manual.

I don't think it's a good idea. You still need a multi-position switch or a set of switches to control accessories etc. With the remote start, i have to turn the key to "run" once i get in the car, otherwise it shuts off as soon as i touch the brake (part of the security system).

·
Registered
433 Posts
i used one out of a honda s2000. i bypassed the ignition and ran a relay from power right to the starter, and back to the push button start. works great, and looks cool too haha:cheesy:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I've got an S2000 Engine start button fitted too, just not wired in yet, been meaning to get around to it!

I'll see if i can get a pic over the weekend as i cut up one of the blank buttons to fit it into the dashboard.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Well I met a new Saab owner last night during a trade to sell some Thule roof bars. His C900 has a push-button start fitted due to issues with the standard switch (which most of us deal with in some way when owning c900's). It has just a blanking panel fitted in the single-din slot of the centre console with a key, and a push-button to enable the starter relay that powers the started solenoid. I'm presuming it's wired directly to the wiring at the ignition switch between the seats.

Yes I think it's bypassing the safety features (reverse lockout - which btw doesn't do anything on my 2.1 5-spd sedan), but nice and practical. I don't know what sort of keyswitch he's used but it's not a Saab key in it.

Craig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts