SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just bought the CD from ebay saab WIS V3 and i pop in the cd into my sony vaio and click on saab 9-5 then setupwis and i get this message

"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running. check your computers system information to see
wheather you need an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) version of the program"

i have windows 7 64 bit. i tried the cd in my moms computer windows vista service pack 2 32 bit and it worked, it was getting ready to install.
i wanted to use this on my computer is there any way i can make it work? thanks guys

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hope I don't have the same problem!

May try running it in compatibility mode on Windows 7. For compatibility, pick windows XP 32bit, should work fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just tried that, it doesent give me the option for 32 bit, just says xp service pack 1 or 2 or vista etc. :confused: i hope i can make it work somehow.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Will only work with 32 bit operating systems. I have my WIS running on both our home machine (XP Pro, SP-3) and my work laptop (WIN 7 Enterprise version running at 32 bits).

You should be able to run it within an XP shell at 32 bits using VM Ware or similar if your Version of WIN 7 does not offer a built-in XP compatibility.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will only work with 32 bit operating systems. I have my WIS running on both our home machine (XP Pro, SP-3) and my work laptop (WIN 7 Enterprise version running at 32 bits).

You should be able to run it within an XP shell at 32 bits using VM Ware or similar if your Version of WIN 7 does not offer a built-in XP compatibility.

thanks for the reply. im going to see if it has a built in compatibility. let me google that. also whats VM?

·
Registered
118 Posts
VM = "Virtual Machine".

This is how I have to run it on my Windows 7 computer. Have to create a Windows XP Virtual Machine. That's included in the Windows 7 pro editions, but NOT in the home edition. If you want it in the home edition, then you have to create a virtual machine, then install a full (and licensed...) copy of Windows XP on the virtual machine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow i have to purchase a windows xp operating sytem for it? screw that. i will just run it on my moms computer. if there was an easier way that would be great, but i guess thats the only option

·
Registered
867 Posts
wow i have to purchase a windows xp operating sytem for it? screw that. i will just run it on my moms computer. if there was an easier way that would be great, but i guess thats the only option
No you should be able to run it on Win7 but in XP compatibility mode.
If your Win7 does not have compatibility, you can use the VM.
You install it and it runs the WIS for your computer. Its free software.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
If you can get your hands a copy of XP; or (Win7 professional or ultimate it will work just fine those versions have 32bit capability). My computer came with 64bit as well; I Partitioned my hard drive and installed a borrowed copy of win7 pro (when installing chose 32bit), so I have both operating systems on my computer one for WIS, EPC and all my Saab files and the other for everything else. Everybody has an old copy of XP somewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
since i have home edition windows 7 i dont have that xp mode. i decided to just install on my moms laptop. i installed SETUPWIS.EXE, it went through the install wizard and afterwards said install finished click here to exit. i cant find any info on WIS in the computer. when i pop the disk in it just goes to the same file folders without the whole WIS background. am i doing something wrong? am i supposed to install something else? when i pop in the disk it says 9-3 9-5 (600) 9-5 (650) i was trying to do the (600) not knowing what 600 meant. thanks for everybodys help.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Sounds like you installed it to use with the disc, when it starts to install chose install full version to PC/Laptop; 600=9600= 1998-2010 models, 650=9650= 2010-2012.

since i have home edition windows 7 i dont have that xp mode. i decided to just install on my moms laptop. i installed SETUPWIS.EXE, it went through the install wizard and afterwards said install finished click here to exit. i cant find any info on WIS in the computer. when i pop the disk in it just goes to the same file folders without the whole WIS background. am i doing something wrong? am i supposed to install something else? when i pop in the disk it says 9-3 9-5 (600) 9-5 (650) i was trying to do the (600) not knowing what 600 meant. thanks for everybodys help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you so much

;ol; got it to work!! like you mentioned above, i was installing it wrong. i had to do COMPLETE installation of the WIS and now everything works like it should. thank you so much guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No you should be able to run it on Win7 but in XP compatibility mode.
If your Win7 does not have compatibility, you can use the VM.
You install it and it runs the WIS for your computer. Its free software.
Nope. It WON'T run in an XP compatibility mode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts