SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As many of you may realize, I am a little pissed off because some punk at school decided to go at my logo and take the paint off of it.

Is this the only website to offer a replacement:

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=127_462&products_id=2626

?

Because I think shipping would cost a lot since its in England.

Would it be better to go to my local dealer?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Dustin_D said:
Hello,

As many of you may realize, I am a little pissed off because some punk at school decided to go at my logo and take the paint off of it.

?
did someone see him do this?

the paint on these badges comes off all by itself.

now if he tried to pry it off, that is a different story.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Knowing these badges he probably just wiped his hand across it and it came off. I bought one from my dealer because after I calculated shipping and the price they charge on PFS it came out to about the same. Well the one from my dealer starting peeling after one week and I demanded that they give me my money back.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
platypus said:
did someone see him do this?

the paint on these badges comes off all by itself.

now if he tried to pry it off, that is a different story.
I know that the paint is infamous for peeling, but I washed my car four days ago, and didn't see any peeling yet, only random spots, and it's taken clear off, leaving a shiny silver badge. It wasn't just a hand rub from me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dustin_D said:
I know that the paint is infamous for peeling, but I washed my car four days ago, and didn't see any peeling yet, only random spots, and it's taken clear off, leaving a shiny silver badge. It wasn't just a hand rub from me.
Technically it's not paint but lamination. And nothing more than a gentle breeze can make them fly off. They've always been a problem. In 1993, An Atlanta SAAB dealer replaced my emblems on my 86 9000 with 100K+ miles. Free. Loved the lifetime emblem warranty.

·
Super Moderator
20,349 Posts
Dustin_D said:
This is what happens to all of them eventually. Poor design, not someone trying to steal it. Take it in and get a new one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't say somebody tried to steal it. I said someone scraped the paint off of it.

I will try to get a new one for free, but I think it's dumb to pay $40 for a logo thats just going to "peel" again.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The paint comes off of the emblems all the time, go down to your local saab dealer and just pick one up, they are easy to replace. Just take a a screw driver and pry it off. Use a cloth so you don't scratch the paint.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
This punk must get around all over the country and probably has a huge collection of Saab stickers!

If your car is still under warranty, the dealer will replace it for free; they did with mine. Even if it's out of warranty, if you sweet talk the service rep, they'll probably replace it for free as a customer courtesy. After all, it's a very common problem - er, I mean, they are well aware of this very elusive punk who steels our stickers. :lol:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dustin_D said:
I didn't say somebody tried to steal it. I said someone scraped the paint off of it.

I will try to get a new one for free, but I think it's dumb to pay $40 for a logo thats just going to "peel" again.
My wife also was SURE someone messed with it, but I think it just came off on its on. Her car is garaged and when not it's at a corporate office that wouldn't be likely to have anyone interested in that sort of thing hanging around.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
like everyone here said it wast somebody... its just your regular ****ty quality that saab badges are known for... i have the same on my hood badge right now... all silver and no piant on it... i even have the logo on my desk since it came off of my car when it had been parked in my garage for over a week. if youre still under warranty have the stealer replace it... if not just ***** and complain to saab corporate until they send you one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts