SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i got a buddy with a 95 "early" 900.

the part number i get for a 95 fuel tank is 4236956, whereas the later tank like in 98 is 4394441.

are these fuel tanks replaceable? can i use a 98 within a 95 model 900?

this is just about my last option to find the tank local at a salvage yard, so i don't know much what to do. any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what we're thinking of doing.

they look iDENTICAL on the EPC diagrams, down to even the hose arrangements, so we're gonna steal the entire fuel system. filler neck, pumps/sender, all of it. the yard is basically just gonna cut the lines out where we don't need them. they're quoting us $100 for it all.
:cool:

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Don't put a lot of faith in the EPC figures. For instance, it doesn't show a Schrader valve on the fuel rail for the NG900s which is correct. But it also doesn't show that valve on the OG9-3s which incorrect... Ron

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, my inference is that with the same bodies, and the minimal changes that happen to the SAME body config, we might be able to get away doing this, and just needing to "downgrade" the evap configuration on the fuel tank to the compatible system on the car.

the car's original fuel tank will be empty, and the replacement we're getting should as well be empty, so we will be able to play back and forth to make it work, i feel. (and hope)

at $100 we can afford to screw with it, we've spent more money on dumber stuff... like a drone i got stuck on my apt. roof :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts