SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 1990 9000 2.3 hpt with tcs and when the car is started from cold it runs fine until it reaches normal operating temp then i get a pulsating throttle pedal if i floor it i can feel it going hard then soft etc if i ease off and floor it again it's fine for a bit then starts again a mile or so after any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Sounds like you are experiencing LHM limp-home-mode. Get someone w/ Tech-2 tool to pull the codes and recalibrate the system.

Do a search, lots here on this topic.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
take a look at the throttle cable on the engine end of things, it is connected to a lever, this lever should be fully out and the cable all slack when the engine is running, it is for limp home driving and plays no part in the throttle control if the tcs is working properly, if the tsc is working properly the only thing the loud pedal does is move a throttle potentiometer so there could be no pulsing of the pedal, back to the cable and lever, if it is no all the way out this could be getting court up inside the throttle housing so check for air leaks of fouling of the lever, also check to make sure the cable is slack when the engine is switched off, it sould not be tight but have lots of slack, if in dought disconnect the cable then drive the car and see if its any better, if after all this you still have a prob let us know and we will think again :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi guys car running much worse today so looked under the bonnet and found one of the inlet manifold grommets was no longer there! seems it has blown out so a new pair on order and will let you know cheers

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
redbryn said:
hi guys car running much worse today so looked under the bonnet and found one of the inlet manifold grommets was no longer there! seems it has blown out so a new pair on order and will let you know cheers
New grommets, especially the cam cover /pcv hoe, and new hoses will prevent/cure a lot of TCS woes.

Hope that sorts everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah ok is the pcv valve the little plastic thingy (mine is grey and white) en route to the solenoid on the false bulkhead?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
To be specific it runs between the cam cover then to the right to the intake manifold just after the throttle plate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys well I replaced the grommets put some silicone vacuum hoses on and a new pcv valve and checked the play in the throttle cable as suggested and hey presto got all my 200 horses back and a nice light pedal thanks again guys for your invaluble advice better than any manual!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts