SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girl has been pulling to the left pretty bad sometimes. Some posters here suggested on other posts that it might be an alignment or due to the road surface. My car is sitting in the dealership (i wanted them to fix the crunching sound over speadbumps and the center vent rattle) and while its there I said "hey, do an alignment". They call back an hour later saying that the alignment wont fix the pulling. He said its due to the tire, he doesn't know why cause its not worn and its in balance (kumho ecsta ASX). i said rotate them, and it still pulls. Am I missing something here? They said an alignment would be a waste of money!

·
Registered
759 Posts
bonakdar said:
So my girl has been pulling to the left pretty bad sometimes. Some posters here suggested on other posts that it might be an alignment or due to the road surface. My car is sitting in the dealership (i wanted them to fix the crunching sound over speadbumps and the center vent rattle) and while its there I said "hey, do an alignment". They call back an hour later saying that the alignment wont fix the pulling. He said its due to the tire, he doesn't know why cause its not worn and its in balance (kumho ecsta ASX). i said rotate them, and it still pulls. Am I missing something here? They said an alignment would be a waste of money!
If alignment and swapping tire positions doesn't solve it, then I'd be thinking that you have a siezed or dragging brake caliper on the side towards which it pulls.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brakes are good, their mech verified. they insist its my newish tires (5k) are to blame, even when rotated. I just don't understand how that could be.

·
Registered
759 Posts
bonakdar said:
brakes are good, their mech verified. they insist its my newish tires (5k) are to blame, even when rotated. I just don't understand how that could be.
Are they installed on the rims in the right direction? Some tires are directional with regard to rotation and left/right position. This happened to be once on another car. Worth looking at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts