SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I've been trying to pull codes from the ISAT plug under the back seat. I just can't get it to work. I've tested my switcher and followed instructions on Swedish Wrench. The only thing I can guess might be wrong is where I'm earthing the switch. I've tried all over the chassis under the seat and under the car on the outside, where does anyone else earth theirs? Has anyone had a problem where the actual ISAT connecter isn't giving off a signal?
cheers...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it's a 1993 900 LPT. Trying to pull them from the ISAT under the back seat to rectify the 'Check Engine' problem.

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
check engine light could be caused by a worn-out lambda sensor. If your car has a CAT (I guess it does if it's a 93') then it should also have a lambda sensor. Problems with the lambda sensor can cause "check engine" light to appear.

Also - I don't think you should be looking under the back seat - you might be looking at the ABS controller - not the ECU. Obviously you should ignore me if what I'm saying does not make sense. The ECU is behind the carpet where the drivers right foot is - you can see a big square lump behind the carpet - that's the ECU.

Does this help?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've already replaced the lambda and it hasn't solved the problem. Hmmm, don't know whether it's the ECU? It is next to the ABS controller. It is the same as in the picture on Swedish Wrench under flash code retrieval: www.swedishwrench.com/
I've followed their instructions and read other posts that seem to indicate I am in the right place???!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Swedish Wrench is a US site so deals with Bosch systems alone. Yours is Lucas. There's a guide to pulling Lucas codes in the Tech Help here - it's a zip file so you'll need Winzip or Winrar (both of which are free). As I understand it, you use the yellow and white (or grey) plug in the right hand front wing, and can earth using the headlight?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhhhh!
Thanks Jezadee.
First instruction is very vague though:

1. Connect yellow/white wire from 3-pin connector to ground
Use a wire with switch

I can see a grey 3 pin connector with 3 wires going through it:
1 red/yellow, 1 blue/red and 1 grey/white.

Is it this do you think?
Is it saying to connect to one of the pins? I think it is....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone?
have i got the right plug?
a grey 3 pin connector in the front right wing, just the other side of the steering wheel, as mentioned above:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Daniel,

I have Lucas cu14 injection aswell and initially I had the same problems you have trying to locate this connector.
In my car, a 92' 16v Turbo S conv, the plug is on the r/h side, just in front of the cabin air intake and coming from the same loom as the lambda sonde connectors. It is a Yellow/White wire and is a single prong flat connector with a black insulation cover.
Maybe this helps,

Cheers, Jeroen

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I CANNOT FIND IT!
Maybe this is the instruction for a convertible only?
Anyway, going to call Gloucester SAAB and see if they have any experience of pulling the codes and see if they'll do it for me.
Cheers guys...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts