SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got my HID installed..but I dont quite like the Headlights..where can I get some nice looking projection headlight..for a 2000 9-5?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well you have two choices that I know of, they aren't all that easy either.

1) you could buy the 2002+ HID xenon headlights, bulb, ballasts, and wiring and hook that up. BUT you would have to swap your bumper out for an 02+ setup as well.

2) you could do a custom retrofit and have a projector from another car (such as e46 M3, or S2000, etc) retrofitted in to your headlights, though I'm not sure if the fluted lens that you have could be sanded down to be "clear". with this you could also need the bulb, ballast, and a custom wiring harness.

Either option will cost you $500+ depending on how much of the work you do yourself.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch man.. damn lol all I wanted was just a new assembly that would fit right in but..that doesn't seem like it's going to happen..though your idea of getting the new bumper I have been thinking of it. The only problem is that I can't seem to find that bumper anywhere if I were to go to the dealership i know it would be a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Ouch man.. damn lol all I wanted was just a new assembly that would fit right in but..that doesn't seem like it's going to happen..though your idea of getting the new bumper I have been thinking of it. The only problem is that I can't seem to find that bumper anywhere if I were to go to the dealership i know it would be a lot of money.
Outside of a breaker (junkyard), this is the cheapest source:

04-05 bumper

If you want used, check here often, but they haven't had an 04-05 9-5 Aero for over a year; I know b/c I call every two weeks since I want some other parts from it. They are a good source for all things used in the SAAB world so it's a good resource to have. Cheers.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I will be selling my 2003 9-5 front end in the spring when I start teh "face lift" on my car.

I'll keep you psoted if you are interested ( my 03 had the HIDs - yeah baby)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've got and 03 front end in black that i'm getting rid of. $100.00 plus shipping or you can come get it you aren't very far from me. The front lip is busted up and it needs a little work but it will get the job done. If you are interested PM me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can just get the headlights and bumper... You don't need to get all the wiring and stuff.. Just buy bulbs to fit and use the kit you already have...

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
You know what? I wonder if you can just get the headlights, and then cut out the top part of the bumper on the new bumper from like a junkyard or something and replace the grill. To my knowledge, the grill is the only thing holding you back from putting on a new style headlight.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm thats interesting I dunno I do that much experiments on my car I would Like to see someone do it then I can copy what they did u know?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
hmm thats interesting I dunno I do that much experiments on my car I would Like to see someone do it then I can copy what they did u know?
Yeah I gotcha. I may be giving it a shot at somepoint, it's very easy to do if that's really all it is. I'll do some measurements sometime. Save a lot of time and money if it's true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts