I bought a 1972 99 late last year and had it shipped to me over the winter.
Ultimately, I will get a 2.1L / 5sp swapped into it, but here's where it starts and I will add updates (and pictures) as I have them.
The car has been at a local shop for the last couple of months because I needed to get the gas tank refurbished and had to wait while the only shop in the region that could do the work could get it done (and then re-done because there was a pin hole that was missed the first time), but I should have it at least drivable within the week.
On the immediate agenda:
- complete fluid replacement (brake, oil, transmission).
- brake job (rotors, caliper rebuild, pads, lines)
- replacement of all of the bushings.
- replacement of the ball joints
- rewire of the electrical
- replacement of the dash and gauges to the right one (someone, in its history swapped in the dash from a 1970)
What I will get done before summer of 2018
- replacement of suspension, brakes, spindles, rear axle, springs
What I want to get done before summer, but depends on the availability of the regional SAAB specialist is the engine/trans swap.
Here's what she looks like now and where I am starting.