SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I just noticed the rear trunk decor panel. Don't see too many of these, looks nice. I had one for a project that never happened, I was able to sell it real fast.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks guys!

Getting started on installing some of the bits and pieces tomorrow..

Not sure where to start, but I guess I'll have to finish the seat install first of all

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A bit of a special piece here... I thought my parts car had a normal cobra..

Appears it's apparently a hirsch/Troll R part!

Notice the writing TB2810 on the pipe? Corresponds with the TB2810 turbo utilized on the troll R and the cobra isn't a standard saab part with a saab part number

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Getting there... swap is ongoing

New turbo vs old and new cobra vs old

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Had some fitment issues with the Hirsch cobra and the wastegate bracket.. It wouldn't hit the angle needed to fit with the intake and other bits.

Cut the cast iron part where the bolt threads in on the turbo about 4mm down, cut the bracket in a suitable place and offset the cut off part below the original bracket to make more room, then welded it in place and powder coated it black.

Also powder coated the wastegate actuator housing (of course it was disassembled and taken apart first) to make it less "my car is tuned and illegal" coloured Turbo now looks kinda stockish and cobra fits like a sharm (although it's a tight fit)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
New intake manifold and fuel rail ready to go in, and turbo and cobra installed for the (hopefully) final time for a while!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Back on the road!

In short:
- Re-did the banjos and softened the copper rings before reinstall - no leaks!
- Blew out the blanking plug on the charge pipe. Fixed with super epoxy.
- Washed it, it collected some dust while undergoing surgery
- Installed big IC, blew the pipe off the outlet of the IC on the first test run in a tunnel. Retightened it three times before it didn't just blow off. I recommend a garage for doing this not a tunnel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
First trip outta town since the upgrades! Running and boosting nicely

Had the wideband o2 installed Friday, and tune was dialled in pretty nicely by saturday

It's also installed to emulate the original o2 sensor, meaning it sits in the OEM spot and does the job of both the NB and WB o2

21 - 40 of 54 Posts