·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Power upgrades secured.

MapTuner 1 - Stage 1 Tune
MapTun 3" Downpipe
Maptun 2.5" Catback Exhaust

From what I have read this should wake the car up considerably.

Anyone with similar mods here who can describe what to expect in terms of sound / performance?

Any input is appreciated.

Material property Gadget Gas Electronic instrument Wood

Auto part Metal Nickel Fashion accessory Titanium
Automotive exhaust Auto part Composite material Metal Cylinder

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have similar setup: JSP stage 2 tune, ETS IC, 3" GS DP and Saab SS catback exhaust. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. It sounds great inside and outside the car. Quite happy with its performance. The only thing is that at higher highway speeds, it can get a little loud inside the car...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I have similar setup: JSP stage 2 tune, ETS IC, 3" GS DP and Saab SS catback exhaust. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. It sounds great inside and outside the car. Quite happy with its performance. The only thing is that at higher highway speeds, it can get a little loud inside the car...
Awesome - that sounds like exactly what I am looking for!

Cant wait to get these installed as soon as the winter is finished...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 · (Edited)
Replaced the seat climate bulbs. Was going to change the bulb color after viewing a post on Reddit. Red for heat and blue for cool. It looked so good on the post. The Amazon LED bulbs I ordered were too large, so I ordered more OEM Green for now. Those obviously worked perfectly. The procedure was very easy, so for those with bulbs out I highly suggest doing this as opposed to buying new switches. 💡

Motor vehicle Vehicle Light Gear shift Automotive design

Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design Vehicle door

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Car

Circuit component Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Hardware programmer

Gadget Audio equipment Computer hardware Technology Electronic component

Plant Green Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Light Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
Last I checked, those OEM bulbs were quite expensive. And surprise surprise, two per switch! At least on my 9-5, all eight bulbs are working (I have heated/vented seats). It's easy to find most bulbs, like for SID, in junkyard cars in useable condition, but I think I only ever found one working heat/cool bulb out of dozens I've pulled. Maybe pulling them kills the filament.

Your cigarette lighter power outlet is very brightly lit! I've never managed to get it that bright.

I do find the LED-lit dashboard doesn't really dim too well, so I'm always driving with the dimmer switch turned down to minimum. I find that's bright enough even in the city at night, and rather too bright in the country. At least running them on dim will preserve the bulbs, other than SID/ACC that are on full brightness during the day anyway.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Last I checked, those OEM bulbs were quite expensive. And surprise surprise, two per switch! At least on my 9-5, all eight bulbs are working (I have heated/vented seats). It's easy to find most bulbs, like for SID, in junkyard cars in useable condition, but I think I only ever found one working heat/cool bulb out of dozens I've pulled. Maybe pulling them kills the filament.

Your cigarette lighter power outlet is very brightly lit! I've never managed to get it that bright.

I do find the LED-lit dashboard doesn't really dim too well, so I'm always driving with the dimmer switch turned down to minimum. I find that's bright enough even in the city at night, and rather too bright in the country. At least running them on dim will preserve the bulbs, other than SID/ACC that are on full brightness during the day anyway.
Yes - $5.69 each at SaabUSAParts.com. I bought 10 so I would have a few extra. I did find some alternative LED bulbs in blue and red on eBay which should fit properly. Will update when they arrive in a few weeks.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts