SaabCentral Forums banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
When I got divorced 3 years ago I divested everything Saab before I moved. Mistake. Several months later I bought a 2001 Viggen convertible, I just had to have another Saab. I live in South Jersey, found it on Maryland Craigslist. I have just about everything to completely re-do the car. Just have to get off my butt and continue the build.

I love the 9-5 wagons, they look like a modern car even 20 years on like mine, and yours of course. I'll give you updates as I continue.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Build Update: Removed peeling and cracking wood dash trim, installed Aero Aluminum pieces and black MapTun floor mats.

Took the car on its longest road-trip to date: 600+ miles to my Grandfathers hometown of Dexter Maine and back.

Car performed flawlessly, and finally crossed the 24k mile mark.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Eliminated the interior "sticky buttons" issue with Neutrogena makeup remover wipes.

SID, Climate and Radio buttons all look and feel new again. Highly recommend this method, it does not damage the printed lettering.

Output device Electronic instrument Audio equipment Communication Device Gadget

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Full Front XPEL Paint Protection Film installation completed. Hood mounted washer nozzles, side blinkers and headlight wipers were removed for a cleaner installation. Film covers full hood, fenders, front bumper, grille, headlights and side marker lights. No more chance of rock chip damage! Awaiting new washer nozzles and underhood insulation to complete the reassembly, then refurbishing the windshield cowl.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Refreshed Windshield Cowl. Cut off old disintegrating edge, installed a section of weatherstrip. Hopefully it performs better in the rain.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just saw your post on facebook about the cowl repair and had to screenshot it ha! If you dont mind me asking, what did you use to make all the plastic bits in the engine bay look new/satin finish? Love the build btw!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Just saw your post on facebook about the cowl repair and had to screenshot it ha! If you dont mind me asking, what did you use to make all the plastic bits in the engine bay look new/satin finish? Love the build btw!
Thank you! - the plastics were treated with Malco Xtrax Coating Spray, the cowl was revived with Solution Finish.

Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Plastic Trim Restorer - Car and Truck Polish - 12 oz Amazon.com: Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Plastic Trim Restorer - Car and Truck Polish - 12 oz : Automotive

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Finished installing the new under hood insulation. Complete with shiny black fasteners. Its all about the small details. 🔬🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wish my wagon looked anywhere near as clean as yours. Where did you get your strut tower brace? Did it come with its own bolts? I got one a long time ago but misplaced the bolts that came with it. Vendor was no help. I wonder where I can find longer bolts so I can finally install my brace.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Wish my wagon looked anywhere near as clean as yours. Where did you get your strut tower brace? Did it come with its own bolts? I got one a long time ago but misplaced the bolts that came with it. Vendor was no help. I wonder where I can find longer bolts so I can finally install my brace.
Thank you! - I got the strut bar direct from MapTun. I would assume that the bolts were included, I had it installed while the suspension was being overhauled. Not sure what size bolts are required.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Thank you for the great story and great updates! I wonder how the car will look with the lip painted in body color? :unsure:
Thank you Skwon!

Since the bottom section of the car is factory black textured plastic, I think the lip carries that nicely around the front.

The black also matches the factory belt line door trims.

If it was body color, the car would need painted side skirts and a painted lower rear bumper as well.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts