SaabCentral Forums banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Phase II of the modifications is now complete.

Lighting Upgraded
Optic Blue LaminX Applied To Fog Lamps
Aero / Sport Steering Wheel Installed
Replacement Wiper Cowl Installed
Calipers And Wheel Hubs Painted
Euro Spec Clear Corner Lenses Drilled / Installed

Drilling out the clear corners to accept the front backup bulbs was a bit tedious. Used a Dremel Tool and various bits to remove enough material to fit the bulb through, but not so much that it did not provide a tight seal. The Stealth Bulbs I purchased looked incredible, but were the wrong shade of orange when illuminated. I used the stock orange bulbs instead.

Did a last minute photoshoot today at a location I have always wanted to try.

BEGA30 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA31 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA32 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA33 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA34 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA35 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA36 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA37 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

BEGA38 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
looking great as always!

Few things. You must LOVE the Aero steering wheel. If you're interested I'm leaning towards parting out my Aero wagon and I'll have a spare set of leather door cards if you want to upgrade. Let me know. Also, I noticed that route 302 up in Twin Mountain is labeled the "10th mountain division highway". If you wanna come up and go for a cruise sometime and get some pics, hit me up!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
looking great as always!

Few things. You must LOVE the Aero steering wheel. If you're interested I'm leaning towards parting out my Aero wagon and I'll have a spare set of leather door cards if you want to upgrade. Let me know. Also, I noticed that route 302 up in Twin Mountain is labeled the "10th mountain division highway". If you wanna come up and go for a cruise sometime and get some pics, hit me up!
Cark,

YES! The Aero wheel is great. Haven't taken any long trips with it since installed, but already feels much better than the stock wheel.

I would be very interested in those door cards! Is it the entire door panel you are talking about, or just the leather inserts? Either way I would love to check those out.

A cruise on the "10th Mountain Highway" would be amazing! Sundays work best for me - let me know what works for you, maybe see if any other NE Saabs want to join?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
They are the entire card. I will hopefully get them out of the car on Friday and can get some pics for you. They're grey with black leather inserts.

Sundays are usually good for me too. I was actually trying to wrangle up a few friends for some sort of gathering this Sunday, not sure where or who. Let me know what your schedule is like and I'm sure we can set something up. Lots of great spots for pictures up there on 302/10 mtn division highway!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
They are the entire card. I will hopefully get them out of the car on Friday and can get some pics for you. They're grey with black leather inserts.

Sundays are usually good for me too. I was actually trying to wrangle up a few friends for some sort of gathering this Sunday, not sure where or who. Let me know what your schedule is like and I'm sure we can set something up. Lots of great spots for pictures up there on 302/10 mtn division highway!
Awesome! Send me some pics Friday, and we can touch base about Sunday.

I should be around, and would be up for a drive. I'm in Weymouth MA - Google said its 2+ hrs from here up to the 10th Mountain Highway?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
car looks fantastic as always! Sorry I missed it at SCD :( I was on a long weekend road trip to a friend's wedding in WV.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
car looks fantastic as always! Sorry I missed it at SCD :( I was on a long weekend road trip to a friend's wedding in WV.
Thanks Cark! Sorry you couldn't make it. SCD was a lot of fun, big Saab turnout!

I'm taking the 9-5 up to Lime Rock this weekend for Vintage Festival. Always an incredible time - will see if I can enter it in the big show on the track Sunday. More pics to follow!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I brought the wagon to Lime Rock Park's Historic Festival this past Labor Day weekend. The "Sunday In The Park" car show is one of the best events on the east coast. The show fills the entire track and encompasses nearly every automotive niche imaginable. The Saab turnout was rather small, but the show itself was not. Ralph Lauren had roughly $60M worth of his cars there, but there was eye candy at every turn. Already looking forward to next year.

More pics from this event here: Lime Rock Historic Festival 2014

VF1 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

VF54 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

VF55 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

VF56 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

VF58 by drivenperfection, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The aero skirts, lip and color matched rear bumper 'valence' would look great on this thing. Any plans for a drop?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The aero skirts, lip and color matched rear bumper 'valence' would look great on this thing. Any plans for a drop?
Agreed - but enjoying how that Mach 1 Chin Spoiler looks. Aero body kit would be sweet though. I was thinking of perhaps doing some progessive rate Eibachs. Had those on a Mustang once and thought they were comfortable, but also gave a good stance and performed well in corners.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Updated Four Years Later....

The car needed a lot of attention from sitting.
Current Mileage: 23,562

Upgrades performed:
Brake System - New cross drilled rotors, new calipers and brake hoses.
Complete Suspension Overhaul - Maptun wagon specific lowering springs, Bilstein B8s front & rear, Maptun strut tower brace
Wheels powder coated Triple Bronze in a satin finish, new Bridgestone Potenza tires
OEM Saab roof rack cross bars added.

Black Maptun floor mats enroute.
Dennis Chapman front grille ordered.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is beautiful car, color on the wheels goes great w/red. Nice commemorating the 10th mountain division plate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrivenPerfection

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
That is beautiful car, color on the wheels goes great w/red. Nice commemorating the 10th mountain division plate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am really pleased with how nicely the wheel color works on this car.

It is Triple Bronze Powdercoat done by John Claudina at Ocean State Powdercoating, who has locations in Malden MA and Warwick RI. John first removed the old Contis, then repaired the mild curb damage, powdercoated both the faces and inner barrels Triple Bronze and finally mounted the new Bridgestone Potenzas. I highly recommend his shop, he knocked it out of the park.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Great looking Saab. I loved my wagon until some pulled a left in front of me at a light. I remember when you started this thread in 2014. Great to see an update so far on!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Great looking Saab. I loved my wagon until some pulled a left in front of me at a light. I remember when you started this thread in 2014. Great to see an update so far on!
Thank you! - so sorry to hear your wagon met with an unfortunate end. Maybe time to build another one?

61 - 80 of 101 Posts