SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
Last I checked, those OEM bulbs were quite expensive. And surprise surprise, two per switch! At least on my 9-5, all eight bulbs are working (I have heated/vented seats). It's easy to find most bulbs, like for SID, in junkyard cars in useable condition, but I think I only ever found one working heat/cool bulb out of dozens I've pulled. Maybe pulling them kills the filament.

Your cigarette lighter power outlet is very brightly lit! I've never managed to get it that bright.

I do find the LED-lit dashboard doesn't really dim too well, so I'm always driving with the dimmer switch turned down to minimum. I find that's bright enough even in the city at night, and rather too bright in the country. At least running them on dim will preserve the bulbs, other than SID/ACC that are on full brightness during the day anyway.

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
That dashboard looks very nice. You may have mentioned this before, did you remove the "rubber" finish on the ACC/SID buttons that turns to goo after a while?

Just looking at the buttons, it's hard to believe that the car is a 1999.....I assume the radio and SID are original. Take a look at the average NG9-3 dash and compare, they really cut the quality in those cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts