SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had to part out another saab to used the engine and transmission for my current saab. My saab came with one key. The junk came with two how weird. Well not really. Anyway i know the keys cant be recut, i just would like to know if i can at least used them to unlock my doors or something compared to just throwing away the extra 2 keys. If possible how do i do it ? Hope its nt too complicated. Thanks

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
A dealer or Saab Indie can probably re code them using Tech 2

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
First you will need to switch out the ignition cylinder (It's not hard to remove the ignition cyl). If you do you can use the key from the parts car to start your car by pressing the alarm remote while starting the car you would have to do this every time until you get the keys programmed. Then you would take the key from the parts car with the two new keys to the Indie (independent repair shop) and they can program the key to your car. The dealer (in my area) charges around $160. I used an Indie in Brooklyn NY he charges $95. Then after that's done you might want to change all the other locks from the parts car to your car (glove box, drivers door and trunk) so one key opens all, I did this myself I wouldn’t have the indie do the switch because it will cost a pretty penny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts