SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Got a saab 93 vector 1.9tid 06 with some few quriks like bad cold starts, false air with bad swirls and esp error/locked key of failing cim.

Got a hand in a donor cim with one key, is it possible to make this work or need I a brand new one?
I have a tech2 clone.

Regards

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Hello

Got a saab 93 vector 1.9tid 06 with some few quriks like bad cold starts, false air with bad swirls and esp error/locked key of failing cim.

Got a hand in a donor cim with one key, is it possible to make this work or need I a brand new one?
I have a tech2 clone.

Regards
Absolutely. Go to add/remove and add it. Can only use the key that came with it.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
TCS version fits only TCS version.
ESP version fits only ESP version.

You can not replace TCS version to ESP version or vice versa.

BTW: ESP has always TCS function.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
how do you know what (ESP or TCS) is in CIM in your car.
If you live in usa we always had both. Nothing to think about over here if you buy the part from this country other than 2003-2004 cims dont work on 2005+ cars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sim

Thank you for the information. I have a used SIM with a key and before I programmed the SIM to the car, the lights were on for the dashboard and headlights. And now that everything is programmed to the car and that it starts, the head lights are blinking and the dashboard lights no longer turn on. What did I do wrong?

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Thank you for the information. I have a used SIM with a key and before I programmed the SIM to the car, the lights were on for the dashboard and headlights. And now that everything is programmed to the car and that it starts, the head lights are blinking and the dashboard lights no longer turn on. What did I do wrong?
Well, what part number was it? And what is a SIM? Also, there are a number of questions to go through when you reprogram it (assuming you meant CIM). Did you pick the right ones?

·
Registered
43 Posts
sorry cim (column integrated module) and yes definitely wrong part , curious if I buy a used CIM with no fob can I still program a key for it.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
No, it needs a key. There are guys on ebay that can program keys to it if you ship it to them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
TCS version fits only TCS version.
ESP version fits only ESP version.

You can not replace TCS version to ESP version or vice versa.

BTW: ESP has always TCS function.
Yes you can, it'll add without a problem and the car will run fine. Only issue is you'll get an esp error on the sid when you start the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hay guys bit of an amatuer question here,pardon me. But i live in the islands so dont have access to alot of resources and info and cant find anybody on the island with a tech ii.

If i buy a used cim with key, i still need a tech ii to program the cim to my car? Or will it just plug and play.?

Also if i want to buy a Tech 2 online,i was reading something where it mentions i still have to seek out GM for subcrisption or access?

Any info is a blessing. Thanks

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Yes, you need a Tech II to do many things on a 2003-2009 9-3, which I assume you have. That includes installing a CIM.

What year is your 9-3?

You do not require a subscription to GM for a 2003-2009. However you do need a laptop and some cables and 'modified' TIS software.

This forum has several threads on the process, including That TIS2000 disc you got with your Tech2?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, you need a Tech II to do many things on a 2003-2009 9-3, which I assume you have. That includes installing a CIM.

What year is your 9-3?

You do not require a subscription to GM for a 2003-2009. However you do need a laptop and some cables and 'modified' TIS software.

This forum has several threads on the process, including That TIS2000 disc you got with your Tech2?
Ok thats a bit of good news. Nobi dont have a tech ii, i am going to go ahead and bite the bullet and buy one. If any significant things i need to keep in mind when buying,please let me know. I have been reading another thread on buying tech ii,but any info can help in my situation.. my saab is a 9-3 2008 2.0T
Screenshot_20200501-101157_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
493 Posts
I got the best price I could find on a Tech2 at chinacardiags.com

Watch the video on installing GlobalTIS in the Pinned Tech II Workshop thread.

I assume you already know you’ll need a Windows OS environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah i do thanks. But man i have been back and forth with the salesperson there for a wwek or more now,first was the paypal address issue. But now they are tellin me that the tech 2 they have does 2 diff functions one for diagnose and one for programming. This is reffering to the disclaimer on their page.
Screenshot_20200509-175823_Chrome.jpg
here it say 1992-2011 first attachnent
Screenshot_20200509-175517_Chrome.jpg
then here is say csnt program on saab before 2007. Im confused everyone here seem to have used theres on majority of models they choose. Im worried. Here goes another week and still no tech ii in hand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yu
I got the best price I could find on a Tech2 at chinacardiags.com

Watch the video on installing GlobalTIS in the Pinned Tech II Workshop thread.

I assume you already know you’ll need a Windows OS environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup they just emailed me back and said it does diagnostics on 2008 saab 9-3 but does not do programming. Does this sound normal to anyone here? Stuff is crazy man

1 - 20 of 22 Posts