SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's just dragging out another failure... who would buy a car from a company that might not be around to back it up?`

·
Registered
173 Posts
Comments over there raise some good points. I do wonder why the negotiations are being dragged out if SAAB is so reluctant to let Mahindra use the name and Mahindra is not wholly invested in the long term potential of the line.

If I say I want a wedding cake but you can only offer me an apple pie, I'm not even entertaining that conversation.:roll:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I don't think the production has restarted more so just finishing up a couple cars that need to be sold :confused:. Either way I hope this is a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Saab update Talk or Not

Brand Name Talks – Or Not?
February 26, 2015 in News

As NEVS had their creditor meeting today SvD tried to investigate a bit and asked SAAB AB about the talks between them and Mahindra and/or NEVS since this was stated in the presentation that was shown to the creditors. The answer was a bit of a surprise:

- There has been no such negotiations between Saab AB and foreign automakers and that has been ongoing for a number of months, says Sebastian Carlsson, Media Director at Saab AB.
But the administrator states that you “started exploratory talks” about the continued use of the license in December. Is he lying?
- Yes, the information is not correct. There are no negotiations for a number of months.

Having gotten that info the went back to the administrator, Lars Eric Gustafsson, and confronted him with that statement. Here is his reply:

- As a lawyer I won’t speak untruthful. I have written “soundings” in my statement and I stand by it. I affirm that I have information about it, be it soundings or dialogue.
How important are these talks about the brand for reconstruction to succeed?
- They are important but not decisive. The reconstruction does not stand or fall with it. The District Court will convene in late March for a decision on a possible renewal, says Lars Eric Gustafsson.

Native speakers can read the original article here in Swedish.

So what do we make of that? In court it would be a classical deadlock with two contrary statements. Looking a bit behind it does not bring us any further either. There is no need to deny anything for SAAB AB. On the other hand the admin has no reason to lie either. He is responsible for his statements and he would not risk anything for just a few more months of administrator salary.

It seems to be one of those sit and wait moments (again). Let’s see if more statements on this issue surface in the next days. By the end of March we will know if this story will just be a sidenote or a stumbling stone.

http://www.saabsunited.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts