SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any breakdowns on the 2003 ragtops with the sports package? ESaab doesn't distinguish them from all convertibles built for 03.

·
Registered
363 Posts
When I looked at Essab production: you get:
6130 - SE CV with Auto + B205.
1541 - SE CV with Man + B205.
Was there a color option that was only offered with the ' sports package'?
My understanding based on that was that all CV models from the series (9400) produced in 2003 were the SE build.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
All SEs, but some had the "Viggen appearance package" - the Viggen body kid without the mechanical parts to go with it.

·
Registered
17,429 Posts
No numbers, and the paint codes were not unique. I've seen Cosmic Blue, Merlot, and the never ending Silver. There may be others... but I've also seen non-sport package cars in all of those colors too for 2003. Manuals and automatics, no VIN changes. I believe in the USA market all the 2002/2003 OG9-3's are SE's.

Exterior: Viggen Front & Rear spoilers, body color with usual gray tops; Body side trim to match. 17x7 double-Y wheels.

Interior: Viggen seats. Viggen leather style door panels to match. Black or beige but no Viggen two-tone. Black carpet in black interior cars instead of gray of non-sport (I assume beige in beige cars). Lower dash trim in black (panel under driver, side panels on center console, glove box... again not sure of beige cars). Sport steering wheel (might be all SE's).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Jvan - I hear you.
My solution was the next best thing. A Cirrus White 9-3 Aero. Not as good, but close.

·
Registered
17,429 Posts
Which SUCKS, because a polar white Viggen is WHAT I WANT.
One of the members here a few years back built the equivalent look starting with, AFAIR, an NG900. You could do the same with a 9-3. It did look nice... and I'm not normally a fan of white cars.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Other than the electric headlight levelers, which I think were on all Saabs in Europe going at least as far back as the NG900, the 9-3 Aero in Europe was mechanically identical to the SE in the US. It had the same interior equipment, engine, and suspension. They just gave it the Viggen bodykit after they stopped selling the Viggen in Europe.

White Saabs in general are pretty rare. I have a white 2000 9-5 Aero wagon, and I've only seen two other white 9-5s on the road. There have been a few at Pick-n-Pull, but not very often.

·
Registered
17,429 Posts
I've seen maybe the white convertibles in yards. No 9-5's. Wait, we can check at esaab for the color list. Naw, I don't really care all that much.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Headlight levels went back to the Saab 9000. They were not legal in the US for quite some time. I believe they are now, as they are sort of required with (proper) HIDs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The version I have is before the "viggen style bumpers". My car is production line stamped 99, but the VIN says 2000. I got the 'wood' style dash, grey/black leather trim, aero steering wheel, and the wheels were 16" Alu26 ' 3 spoke not the Y double in 17". Mine also came without traction control. That was introduced later I think. This is a very recent photo..You'll see the aero style spoiler on the back - not the viggen style also. The engine however was the B205R in 205HP spec.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The seats I have also have a pocket in the front section - not the extended seat.
Leather memory seats / electric.
Heated front + passenger.
ACC.
Front & rear fogs, headlight levelers.
CD stack in the Boot/Trunk.
Forgot to add - I think the aero and viggen were lowered by 10mm compared to base level saabs. Mine now has Koni dampers - but I've kept the stock springs. (Orange/White etc).
We know via GS that the Sway bar was the thickest at 25mm if I recall correctly.
Brakes were the standard 288mm.

·
Registered
17,429 Posts
I wouldn't know about the Aero being lowered... but the Sport Package used standard suspensions. So, whatever Saab would have provided for the same 9-3 convertible given the installed options is what you get here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts