SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm pretty sure that it's my DI that has failed, as i could not get a spark from it. i was wondering if there is a way to tell when the DI was produced. when looking at my unit, it had a four number code that read 9540. does that mean that my DI was manufactured in the 40th week of 1995? if so, i would assume this to be the original, and my car is a 1996 with just a hare over 130K on it. so then i can vote in the mileage on DI poll too :D

matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
orange57 said:
it had a four number code that read 9540. does that mean that my DI was manufactured in the 40th week of 1995?
Exactly!

Mine (1997 900 SET) was 9633 = Manufactured 33rd week of 1996, lasted until week 0444. :) I am at 136K+

Consider yourself as one of the lucky ones it lasted as long as it did, considering other posters experiences. I guess I do.

Just plopped a new one in the other day (had previously replaced with another "used" spare one whose date read a few months newer). I was hoping to cure my fuel cut (DIC wasn't the culprit), but that's another story.

Good luck.

Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts