SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I own a 2005 SAAB 9-5 ARC sedan, currently with 113,000 miles on it. Most recently I have had trouble with the vehicle randomly cutting out, jolting and it seems like it isn't getting enough air in the turbo.

As far as the cutting out problem, it has happened twice recently, while sitting at a red light, in neutral, the vehicle will just bog down and shut off. Yes, there was more than enough fuel in the car, and I was not in gear. The vehicle also jolts, I would describe it to popping the clutch to quickly on take off. To address the air/turbo issue, it sounds like you take a vacuum cleaner and place a plastic bag over the end.

I do not know what to do, the car has 113,000 miles on it, I change the oil every three thousand, all of my fluids are at the right level, I don't have any fluid leaks, and I baby the car driving.

I recently put a tester on the vehicle,

Receiving 4 codes.

P1312

P1334

P0340 - "Crankshaft position sensor, A circuit bank, 1 or more sensors

P0304 - "Cylinder 4 misfire"

The other two above codes, my machine was unable to give a definition for. Can anyone tell me what the above two descriptionless codes are?

Also what steps should I take to get this fixed? or should I just trade it in.

Thank You! :confused:

·
Registered
927 Posts
IMO, change plugs and see if that solves the misfire, if it doesnt then go for the DIC. My car was bogging down like you say (only started dying recently), so I changed my plugs out, found out 1 plug was not even torqued down at all, and after new plugs, runs smoother and stronger...

Have a go with some new plugs and should fix it, if not then yes it would be the DIC next. Hopefully its the plugs though, much much cheaper lol

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
IMO, change plugs and see if that solves the misfire, if it doesnt then go for the DIC. My car was bogging down like you say (only started dying recently), so I changed my plugs out, found out 1 plug was not even torqued down at all, and after new plugs, runs smoother and stronger...

Have a go with some new plugs and should fix it, if not then yes it would be the DIC next. Hopefully its the plugs though, much much cheaper lol
You never get all those codes with bad spark ( never cam position sensor) that is alWays the di.

·
Registered
927 Posts
wow i feel dumb, didnt even see he listed that code till i just re-read it... only saw the 2 misfire codes...

So when my DIC starts going out it will actually have a code for it? I always wondered that. Also, since I have 2 DIC's will it specify which one, or just give me a cyl 1+3+5 shortage, or cyl 2+4+6 shortage? somethin like that which determines which bank is bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.