SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to these forums i own a 9-5 Aero wagon 2003 its been great over the years but lately its been siting in the garage. Due to not passing smog because of engine light. SO i have been for past 2 months or so trying to fix it my self. The engine light codes that are coming on the reader are P1670 which i looked up is throttle body and P1334 and P1312 which is cyld miss fire if im not wrong. So first i attempted to clean the throttle body which i did and put back on and the same code came up P1670 so i figured maybe the throttle body is bad. So i got a used one and tried that on and the code still came up btw each attempt i cleared the engine light with the car reader and then rest started the car. At this point with new throttle body the P1760 code still coming, im not sure what i need to at this point to fix that error maybe the wiring is bad or something like that. I also have cleaned the mass air flow sensor. Other things to note there is this hose on top of the engine in back on passenger side that has cut in it there nothing leaking out of it like oil or fluid but im not sure what that is looks like a vacuum line but its a fat hose not one of those slim ones. Any ways if some of can help me with this i would really appreciate it. Thanks :):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
1312, 1334

I have the same ongoing problem with my 2003 9-5 Aero. My engine light started to come on with these error codes over a year ago when I failed my state inspection. I don't claim to know anything about what is causing the codes but I found that a few full throttle runs would clear the engine light. I have no idea if this will work for you but it got me through 2 state inspections.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I have the same ongoing problem with my 2003 9-5 Aero. My engine light started to come on with these error codes over a year ago when I failed my state inspection. I don't claim to know anything about what is causing the codes but I found that a few full throttle runs would clear the engine light. I have no idea if this will work for you but it got me through 2 state inspections.
You have a ad throttle body too, fix it ( or not, seems you don't care)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on the car

So finally i got the parts i need i changed the DIC and took away the P1334 errors then i added the brand new throttle body with warranty and guess what the P1670 error is still coming I dont know what to do. Can some one please help me. Thanks:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
8,299 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I am assuming you disconnected your battery at some point. If not do that. Who told you that code suggested you replace the entire TB without first attempting to have it rebuilt by BBA Reman for like 70.00.
Saaber suggests changing the relay. He knows a lot. Hell, I don't even know where the relay is or the part number. Maybe he can respond here or you can PM him. Good luck there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its brand new throttle body

Thanks everyone for helping but the new throttle body physically is not in Limp home like in the video like it is but on mine its not in Limp Home mode buttt the car still gives the error it is on the reader. I have used cheap reader to erase the codes but it comes back right away. Do i need to take to saab repair shop and get the error erase with GM tech II or something like that or maybe software update or it might be the wiring harness. Thanks again for your help :D:D

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
If you want to pay someone to check the relay; YOU should take it to a shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts