SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 93 Aero cabriolet less than a year ago. Since then, I have had several minor troubles and one re-occuring big trouble. The door lock motor malfunctioned and wouldn't lock. needed replacement. Passenger window became misaligned or something and wouldn't close after putting the top back up. The big trouble, is the hydrolic oil tube in the top broke, spraying oil into the top and dripping all over the interior. SAAB replaced the top and rear seat with new parts along with replacing the broken part. Last week, the same tube broke again. Has anyone else had trouble with electrical things or the top?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Top problem 9-3 cab

... same problem :

I have an -04 modell 9-3 Vector Cab, and I have had the same problem with the top. The problem is now fixed by two engeneers from CTS (The German firm Car top system, who makes the "top").

They arrived by plane from Germany to take a look at the top and hydraulic system of my Car, and to take a look at another car with similar problem in a city near by..

I was told that there had been lots of problems with the "hydraulic hoses", and that they had to replace the hoses with a "new kind". I was also told that it was extremly importend that the hydraulic hoses were tapped down corectly, if not they could break again.

The Saab dealer in my home town has sold 2 "Cab`s", and both of them have had the same "top-problem".

(I hope you understand my "English".)

Best regards Baard

·
Registered
132 Posts
wow, that scary. i hope that doesn't happen to me! we had the same problem with the window, it tore the rubber off the side. this was 10 months ago, and it hasn't happened since they replaced it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope it doesn't happen to yours either

The windows are sensitive, is what they said. Incase someone puts their hand in the window when it is closing, it has a safeguard which makes the window go back down. So, something was wrong with the alignment or rubber at the top. So, when the top would go up and the windows would finally close, the passenger side would go back down again. I would have to open the door and close it with the window button. Anyhow, they "fixed it once" but, it sometimes did it again shortly after. I would have had that fixed, but the hydrolic oil tub broke again in the top. Now I am negotiating with the dealer to buy back the car. I thought my car is just a lemon, isolated car . Hmm....Good luck with yours. Definitely cool car, but mine just seems to have one problem after the next.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
PfeiF said:
wow, that scary. i hope that doesn't happen to me! we had the same problem with the window, it tore the rubber off the side. this was 10 months ago, and it hasn't happened since they replaced it...
That happened to me aswell, they had to replace the whole window.
I'm a little concerned about this hose that can go in the roof. I'm hoping that this will happen to my car before the warranty runs out. Someone posted a thread about this happening to them and they had there interior replaced because the fluid stained the leather. I sounds very costly :confused: .

·
Registered
30 Posts
roof problems an others..

I don’t think the "hydraulic" roof problem occurs on every cab.. Although it happens to some, i think most of you cab-owners will not experience this.

I friend of mine and Saab mechanic, says that many of the problems that occurs to a car (Saab..and other brand’s) is due too "bad" suppliers at the moment. A change of a supplier often solves the problem.

When I hade my "hydraulic-leak" it wasn’t necessary to change seats or any other interior details. I only had some stains in the backseat and inside the roof. This was easily cleaned of with soap and hot water.

I had another problem with my car some month’s ago: The steering column was ticking and rattling. Saab changed it with i new one, and the problem was solved.

Afterwards i saw the old column. It was marked "Raufoss". That is a well known Norwegian fabric..... a fabric from my dear home country had made bad Saab-parts ??

Although I have had some problems with my Vector Cab, I love it: It handles better than any other car i know, it is fast, it has a lot of new technology, and most important: i love driving it, and I love the way it looks..

I have had a lot of cars, but I have never had one completely without defect’s.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don’t think the "hydraulic" roof problem occurs on every cab.. Although it happens to some, i think most of you cab-owners will not experience this.
man do I hope you're right on this. this is probably the only thing that would really upset me with the car.

the rest of the stuff is just crap that happens - no big deal really especially owning/living with 4 Land Rovers

Jaime

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trouble with top and other things....

I think the 2004 SAAB Aero Convertible is a great car , too. I have had many cars in my life so far, but i have never had a brand new car which has been in the shop 6 times within the first year, and two of those times being a huge inconveniencing problem. So, I think just the car I bought has troubles. ...I was just unlucky. Probably others are fine.

I have had a lot of cars, but I have never had one completely without defect’s.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys are scaring the heck out of me

I'm going this morning to pick up my Aero Conv. I guess I have 3 days to back out. How prevalent are these problems on this 46K car?

J

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man, buy your Conv.

jsgross said:
I'm going this morning to pick up my Aero Conv. I guess I have 3 days to back out. How prevalent are these problems on this 46K car?

J
...go and get your Aero Conv., and enjoy it. It’s a beauty, it handles like a race car, and believe me, driving Saab 9-3, "SS or Conv." is a lifestyle.

Welcome to the big Saab family. I have been there for 25 years. No matter what, these cars are more appealing than any other car I have owned.

If something brakes, It want cost you a penny. You got warranty........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go for it!

It was a great car, despite the problems I had which were abundant. I think my car was just an unlucky one. The company, SAAb, and dealers are very helpful and considerate of the buyer. If , by chance, you have a problem, I am certaqin the dealer and company will take care of you. it was a lot of fun to drive, everyone turned their heads and said it was a frickin' cool car. Best wishes with it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts