SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I’m trying to add a new ecm to my turbo x. I have got hold of a standard 05 v6 with a Nordic tune on it and initially tried just pairing it to see how it ran but car would only crank not start so I started the sps process. Problem is it won’t finish. It gets to about 72% the speedo does a little wigggle there’s a brrrrr from under the bonnet and the tech 2 errors. I can no longer do an info on the ecu in tech 2. I suspect it is in some part flashed state. Regardless of how often I try it cycles between the two sets of errors below. I am now unable to remove it as a module as the tech 2 says 'invalid software on ecm'

Is it possible to brick an ecm? Is it that it had a nordic tune that won't let me overwrite it - I don't believe I did any steps incorrectly unless pairing it with a different region may have messed it up (car is from UK but now in NZ so I chose AU for the region)...

Any help gratefully recieved.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Try to connect another car (with the engine running) and with good jump cables, turn off all electrics in both cars, i think its a good idea to pull the fuse for the headlight in the saab as well.

if that doesnt work, format ur laptop, reinstall windows and globalTIS

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Do not start car when you are downloading. You will brick ECU.
Do not connect car to another car which have engine running, it will brick ECU when you try to download. You also could brick another car ECU.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Wooow, been doing that long enough to know its never happened! what confuse me is how im gona brick the other car ECU if im only connected to it through jump start cables !

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good idea to pull headlight fuse, I didn't think of that - can't think why the programming turns them on??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so to make sure I could still read the ECU properly I had the tech 2 go through the first stage of SPS again - the request info step.

Now when I try to get the GlobalTIS to go through the load process it says 'unknown software which may be newer, programming stopped.'

Any idea how to override and get it to flash anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts