SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all the ‘gear selector’ is never beside the “D” when I am driving my car..it’s now below the “D”.. When I drive my car it acts like it’s having a hard time as to what gear it is suppose to be in (this happened suddenly) and I can almost feel clicking as if the transmission is trying to engage to either “L” or “D”.. I may have to shift to low first before I feel any engagement and then shift to “D”. If I let the car run for 10 minutes the transmission has an easier time going to the right gear (I was told to let it sit running so the transmission fluid is warmed up to make the gears shift easier)
I was told the problem wasn’t due to the muffler…I was told the problem was the turbo and would cost $1600.00 to replace. This problem happened out of the blue. Does any of this make since? HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
First of all the ‘gear selector’ is never beside the “D” when I am driving my car..it’s now below the “D”.. When I drive my car it acts like it’s having a hard time as to what gear it is suppose to be in (this happened suddenly) and I can almost feel clicking as if the transmission is trying to engage to either “L” or “D”.. I may have to shift to low first before I feel any engagement and then shift to “D”. If I let the car run for 10 minutes the transmission has an easier time going to the right gear (I was told to let it sit running so the transmission fluid is warmed up to make the gears shift easier)
I was told the problem wasn’t due to the muffler…I was told the problem was the turbo and would cost $1600.00 to replace. This problem happened out of the blue. Does any of this make since? HELP!!!
Whatever you do, go to a different shop and get a second opinion.

·
Registered
13,549 Posts
Yes, go someplace that knows mufflers and turbos don't affect transmissions.
Find a shop that will adjust the gear selector. Driving it while the selector is out of adjustment could ruin the transmission very quickly.
By 'very quickly' I mean the fastest I ever deliberately killed one took about 3 miles /5 minutes.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Fix that détente setting...as Jim says, ASAP. I haven't done it on these slushies but from other transmissions I can say it's probably a 15 minute job that will save you a lot of grief

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.