SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock radio unit is working perfectly except for one small problem - the button lights dont work properly. If i press and hold the front panel in, the lights flicker to life and stay on but if i let go, they immediatly go out. I am apparently making a connection with something i just dont know how. Has anyone had this problem with theirs? If so, help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
More info is necessary, all of it, please :cheesy:

Do you mean the black panel switch ?? I have this in the '96 900S which has the basic SID(Saab info display). There is also a SID II and a SID III..

The black panel switch will, with NO key in the ignition, activate the SID display..
I'd guess that your switch is mechanically at fault..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, its nothing to do with a switch. The cd player unit itself. If i push the face plate in the lights come to life but if i done put any pressure on it they shut off.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds like it might be a problem with the connector that connects the front panel of the stereo to the rest of the unit. It is a long skinny plastic connector with multiple connection points on the front panel. This link gives some good instructions for disassembling the stereo.

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20060924.Saab_NG900_Line_Input/

This pic in particular shows the connector I am talking about.

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20060924.Saab_NG900_Line_Input/?i=20060924e.Open.jpg

edit: these links are for a cassette deck... not sure if the CD is the same.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh cool. thanks for that, the links look they will be a big help. i'll have to take it apart sometime soon and check it out. Maybe put some foam in like i had to do with the SID.

thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Justin,

Frogdude's information will more than likely take care of your problem.
Nice information Frogdude !!!! Well done....

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts