SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I have a 2006 9-3 Aero (2.8L V6) that just got a fuel pump replaced to cure the P0089 problem. I think the new fuel pump is a Delphi FG2212.

The new pump seems to have cured the P0089 check engine light. But instead the car now has a warm start problem. Cold starts are OK. But if I drive it around a bit, turn it off, and then try to start it after a while (say 30 minutes), the engine cranks but will not start. (But it eventually would start after waiting for an hour or so.)

The mechanic tried two different new Delphi fuel pumps and got the same issue. Any idea what might have been the cause?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, when the car is in the no-warm-start condition, the mechanic hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and said he noticed a slower than expected rise in pressure when he tried to start. But then, he also said after relieving some pressure (with fuel gushing out) from the Schrader value, the car could start normally.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
New Fuel pressure regulator maybe, If it was trying to keep pressure at the right level it could have lost its ability to keep pressure in the fuel rail when you start the car

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
There's no fuel pressure regulator on V6. ECM takes input from fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail, calculates if more or less pressure is needed, and regulates fuel pump control module located under right front seat in 4D/5D or under right side of rear seat in CV, which sends PWM to pump motor.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
FWIW, according to WIS, P0089 DTC is also set when fuel in the tank runs out.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
There's no fuel pressure regulator on V6. ECM takes input from fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail, calculates if more or less pressure is needed, and regulates fuel pump control module located under right front seat in 4D/5D or under right side of rear seat in CV, which sends PWM to pump motor.
Sorry wrong word, I am used to my 9-5 and 9-3 2.3

Check fuel pressure sensor...

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Same issue as you, air in fuel line, runs when I bleed it out and that woudl make sense with the slow pressure rise ( air is less pressure than liquid)

Bad checkvalve o the Delphi pump I am guessing.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Paraphrasing from Facebook:

The Delphi pump has a different design. Puts out way to much pressure and won’t start when warm. Possibly a fuel pressure regulator on the stock pump that the Delphi does not have. Shop tested two Delphi pumps to make sure it wasn’t defective. Same result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts