SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get lots of skips when playing burned media.. has anybody had any luck with other type's of cd/formats? i.e. cd-rw or cd+r ... or perhaps different brands like sony or memorex...

I use Verbatim cd-r's but havent had too much luck-
any help is appreciated!

2005 aero with 13/sp + changer

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I'm use both commercial CD's or CD-R (Sony) that I burn...no problems with anything I've burned. I don't think a CD-RW will read well.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
CD-RWs play just fine in my car. The only ones I've tried are the high speed 10X CD-RWs.

You might want to try different CD-R media or update the firmware in your burner, if it's old enough it may not properly support the newer media available.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine does it regardless if it's a bought CD or what.

Though, I only get skips when the car is cold, they told me to remove the CD's from the Changer every night in order to avoid skipping. Something to do with condensation on the laser because it get's so hot, then at night it will get cold.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
dsanders16 said:
Mine does it regardless if it's a bought CD or what.

Though, I only get skips when the car is cold, they told me to remove the CD's from the Changer every night in order to avoid skipping. Something to do with condensation on the laser because it get's so hot, then at night it will get cold.
'

We've been discussing this:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115583

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JonV said:
I'm use both commercial CD's or CD-R (Sony) that I burn...no problems with anything I've burned. I don't think a CD-RW will read well.

cool ill give the sony's a try
my dealership responded today by just ordering me a new cd changer.. hopefully that'll work once they install it

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
dubhe said:
cool ill give the sony's a try
my dealership responded today by just ordering me a new cd changer.. hopefully that'll work once they install it
Good for you, I'm CPO so warranty does not cover my unit.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i had a problem with skipping cds last year. it was bad on burned and original discs. the dealership replaced it under warranty and i havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
407 Posts
JonV said:
I take it your stil on you original warranty? My CPO doesn't cover it!
mine is cpo as well

·
Registered
407 Posts
the dealership i always take my car to isnt even the dealership i bought my car at, but so far ive gotten a new 6cd changer, new door trim, new mirrors, new moonroof controller, new 3rd brake light housing, and a new climate controller. if i dont upgrade to icm3, i might even get my icm2 replaced because the knobs are peeling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts