SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many different instruction for the DIY aux in installation for a 2005 Saab 9-3 SS. I can get everything out just like the instruction said except for removing the EHU. I press the 2 metal in and try to put the EHU out, it came out for about a quarter of an inch and it won't move. I'm sure the two metal is press the whole time when I'm trying to slide the EHU out. But it just won't come out. My friend press the metal down for me when I'm trying to slide it out and still won't work. Can someone please help me out and let me know what I did wrong??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Something that wasn't clear to me, either, is that the whole dammed thing comes out - not just the metal exposed part. Be gentle, and wiggle it slightly side to side and it comes out after a while. It dig take me a while to get it right.

Post photos, if you want, to insure that you are doing everything else correctly.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It may be hung up on the storage bay below it. IE remove the storage bay first, then the radio.

Search the forum, they will show you how.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
nge2015 said:
I'm sure the two metal tabs are pressed in the whole time when I'm trying to slide the EHU out. But it just won't come out. My friend press the metal down for me when I'm trying to slide it out and still won't work. Can someone please help me out and let me know what I did wrong??
Probably need to be pressed until you feel a slight pop. Work one side at a time until both sides have popped. I experienced the exact same thing you described above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts