SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post so Hi to everybody :)

I have a 9000 CS and the AC appears to work fine except when it is on the car seems to lose power evry 30secs or so. It feels like somebody is taking their foot off the accelerator pedal and then putting it back on. It only happens when the AC is on. Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks

Graham

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Could be the compressor is on its last legs. But, with a small four cylinder engine in such a heavy car you are almost bound to notice the drag from the AC compressor every time it engages. Usually it doesn't engage that often so maybe your AC isn't working properly. Are you getting normal amounts of cool air?

Even my 225 hp Aero is noticeably sluggish with the AC on unless I really put my foot down and get the engine boosting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Superaero said:
Could be the compressor is on its last legs. But, with a small four cylinder engine in such a heavy car you are almost bound to notice the drag from the AC compressor every time it engages. Usually it doesn't engage that often so maybe your AC isn't working properly. Are you getting normal amounts of cool air?

Even my 225 hp Aero is noticeably sluggish with the AC on unless I really put my foot down and get the engine boosting.
the ac gives constant cool air and works a treat but this drag every minute or so is really annoying.

G

·
It may be the idle air control valve. If it's a bit knackered it won't respond quick enough to the (massive) load the AC compressor put's on the engine.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Isn't the IAC valve for just that, when the engine is idling?

Can't say I notice the load of the AC compressor on either my Aero or our somewhat underpowered 2.0 Volvo estate.

David.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts