SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2002 Saab 93 SE 5spd hatch sedan. I attempted to start my car yesterday and it wouldn't start. At first I was thinking I had a bad battery but I realized when I turned on my car i still had accessory power. Its just when I turn the ignition, it makes the starting noise but the engine just doesn't fire up. This first occured 2/3 weeks ago but I didn't think anything of it because it stop happening after that first day. Would anyone know what might possibly be the problem? At this point in time I'm thinking it may be the starter or spark plug but i'm hoping its just a bad battery.
thanks for your help!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I drive a 2002 Saab 93 SE 5spd hatch sedan. I attempted to start my car yesterday and it wouldn't start. At first I was thinking I had a bad battery but I realized when I turned on my car i still had accessory power. Its just when I turn the ignition, it makes the starting noise but the engine just doesn't fire up. This first occured 2/3 weeks ago but I didn't think anything of it because it stop happening after that first day. Would anyone know what might possibly be the problem? At this point in time I'm thinking it may be the starter or spark plug but i'm hoping its just a bad battery.
thanks for your help!
If your car makes the "starting noise" then its probably not the battery OR starter. Does your tachometer move while the engine is cranking? What is your mechanical aptitude?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The aptitude and diagnostic skills are important.
This is a 1-2-3 process; do the steps in order...the actual repair is step 3....this is the same for any field...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it honestly has only happened 2/3 times and i didn't know whether or not to pay attention to the tachometer, it seems like it works fine when the car does start normally (its starts normally more often than not) but i don't like not knowing whether or not my car is going to start when i get into the parking lot or if i'm going to need to park somewhere i can easily maneuver into a position to pop the clutch. my mechanical aptitude isn't very high, especially with this kind of car. whenever something is wrong i take it in to someone who knows what they're doing to get repaired. I just want to know what the problem is, whether or not its an easy fix, what needs to be done to fix it, so that when i take it in i'm not going to get ripped off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.