SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've been gone for a month or so with no internet connection, Comcast finally visited Thursday. It was worth the time though because this is my new backyard:

But of course the Saab gremlins have gotten jealous, and throwing a few small glitches to my attention. First a speaker that crackles over bumps, that I'm sure is just a matter of looking for a short or a weak connection, just need to unpack my head unit pullers. The one I wonder a lot more about is my wipers. Late in the summer my rear wash sprayer stopped functioning. I brushed it off as a failed check valve that I would need to replace eventually. But now my driver's side front windshield sprayer has stopped functioning. The passenger side sprays with quite a bit of intensity though, almost enough so to clean the driver's side.

So what am I looking at here? A coincidental double failure of check valves (and a higher pressure now in the passenger side) or is this a failing washer pump? I'll have to look up Raggy's pump replacement thread I guess and see if their is a diagnosis. Perhaps I'll push some CLR (Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover) through the system and see if that cleans some stuff up.

Glad to be back!

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
man with a view from your back yard like that why are you worried about your screan washers (i hate you already :cheesy: :cheesy: ) my guess would be that the rear washers has stopped working due to the pump (the rubber pump vains harden so only pump in one direction as for the fronts i would say its a blockage in the jet or pipe to that jet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts