SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife bless her is only little, 4'11" and since owning her vert she has noticed that she has problems holding down the clutch pedal, a problem that she never experianced with the 9-3, now i remember seeing some where that saab used to do a set of pedal extentions for the 900, does any one have these fited to there car and does any one know where i can get a set from, as i cant find then on the epc

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Is it the pedals themselves, or could it be because the 9-3 has the hydraulic clutch and the NG has a (more difficult) clutch cable (unless its a '98)?

The manual transmission pedal kit is avail. from SaabCatalog for the NG for $63...

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ted, i think it has got a lot to do with the differant clutch operations but also the 9-3 seat moves farther foward than the 900 so add these together and there is the prob' :roll:

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
TSB #01970728.
"In cases where short drivers have difficulty obtaining a comfortable driving position, a pedal raising kit (Figure 1) has been developed. This kit is stocked as a spare part and should be fitted as described in the instructions below. When installed, this kit does not prevent taller driver's from obtaining a comfortable driving position.

Whenever a pedal raising kit is to be installed, all of the pedals should be raised equally in order to maintain the proper relationship of the pedals to one another.

Cars Affected:

1994-97 900 models with manually adjustable driver's seat

Parts:

Pedal raising kit, manual transmission #89 94 006

Pedal raising kit, automatic transmission #89 94 014

All kits contain pedal-raising components for all pedals, templates for drilling holes and M6 bolts and lock- nuts."

Hope this helps you out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts