SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
a 91' is very rare vs. say an 88'. in your area i would expect to pay about $5,000+usd for a really truly "beautiful" spg. were talking, no dash cracks, a/c works, leather is exceptional, all glass everything. anybody who disagrees with my price lives in an area of either salt or in the east, mid us/canada. cars on the west coast retain lots of value, not uncommon to see a 1991 convertable for $12,000, an 89' spg was going for $12,999CND here at a saab dealer, it was exceptional! btw it did sell.

(edit) here are some examples from the local classifieds:

1989 SAAB 900S, 4 doors, auto, 125000 km, fully loaded, AirCared, $5000 obo.

1994 SAAB 900 Turbo conv, blk, 5 spd, fully maint, beaut car, must see, low kms, must sell ASAP, $13,500 obo.

1994 SAAB 900 TURBO conv, auto, aircared, exc shape in/out, must sell, leaving country, $10000.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
SaabFEVER said:
how much would an 91 spg with 120,000 miles on it cost. A very clean SPG,inside and out.
I purchased my '88 SPG in Valencia, CA. 138,000 miles at time of purchase in 2003. The car originally came from New York, but has been here since about '98. I bought it from the original Owner. Full service records. He put in about $10,000 in maintenance and repairs over the years.

I bought it for $2,800 and the car is in very good condition. Soooo, I think you can get a VERY good car under $5,000.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually the car is going for 5800 and the leather glass and everything you can think of is clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
SaabFEVER said:
actually the car is going for 5800
Too high. More like $4,000 depending

Here are some points to talk the price down . . .

1. Does it have a current Smog Test in CA. Resale requires the car to pass smog. I didn't know this and it cost me.
2. Look the price up on Kelly Blue Book www.kbb.com
I looked it up, $3,010 from a private seller. Do the search, print it out and show the seller.
3. Has the clutch been replaced? $1,000 typical by 150,000 miles
4. New catalytic converter $110 material only
5. New 3-wire oxygen sensor $100 material only (Routine maintenance)
6. Ask to check the turbo - should be clean/white, not coked. Spin nicely.
7. What type of oil used? Should be fully synthetic for the turbo.
8. Check out the shocks
etc.

Check out the car buying guide posted somewhere on this web site. It will have some other good bargaining points.

·
Banned
637 Posts
From experience.. Saabs Sell for FAR below asking.
Don't rush.. yer likely the only one who has shown any interest at all.
Seems everyone onna Planet has heard one or more of the myriad 'Saab Stories'.. and Buyers avoid 'em like they have Leprosy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts