SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so iv been having this heating issue for a while now, first it was the thermostat now it seems to be some other issue. My cooling system works fine for the most part but every so often the heat really gets up there, i have a thermo sensor that i have to put in and that could very well be the cause but i noticed something strange 2 day. This morning i started my car up 2 let it warm up and i went back into my house to get my things, it took me longer then expected to come back out, i was probably in for 10-15 min looking for my wallet, when i came back out, i sat in the car and noticed the temp gauge was really high, and i had no heat, it was blowing out cold air. I poped the hood and noticed the upper rad hose was cold while the rest of the engine was hot but the other thing was that the hose was solid, there was so much pressure that i couldnt press it down, i opened the cap and let the pressure bleed out slowly till the hose went soft again. I got back in the car and immediately noticed the temp drop, and the heat came back. What could this be a sign of? why am i building up so much pressure, i know its a high pressure system but so much pressure where it starts to over heat?? it does it intermittently

Imran

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like you need a new thermostat, the top hose wont get hot until it opens. I changed mine today took about 2hrs. and i had 3 cups of tea and cleaned the IAC valve and did the plugs and airfilter. no probs if your handy with a spanner.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Yep, it does look like a thermostat even though you changed it. Are you sure you put it in the right side?

Klim

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yhea im almost 100 percent sure, i made sure the the two holes were at the top, but what i dont understand is, as soon as i opened the cap and let the air our the the hose became hot and the fan turned on, and the temp dropped, im going to change the themroswitch 2morrow and see what happens from there

Imran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts