SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which do you prefer...Premium Package or Navigation Radio?

It seems that the 9-3 Aero SCs, Convertibles and SSs that are available in the market right now are oddly euipped. Not one car has everything in terms of options and packages. In your opinion, which is a better purchase choice... (obviously it will be personal choices but just curious your feedback);ol;

Premium Package
3-position memory for driver's seat and outside rearview mirrors; Heated power-adjustable, folding and auto-dimming mirrors; Rear park assist

Or

Navigation Radio

AM/FM stereo with CD player; seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock and auxiliary input jack; DVD-based navigation.

Is DVD-based Nav good? and Any feedback on the rear park assist?
:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
My opinion? Get the Premium package. The factory nav is no better than a Tomtom. Park assist is valuable, especially if you ever park in a parking garage.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
What year?

If you get a 2007> you can add aftermarket navigation relatively easily... especially compared to the earlier models with the fiber optic system.

if it is the fiber optic system, that navigation sucked even more than the newer one (which was better but still not as good as an aftermarket system, or even garmin/tomtom, or even a smartphone)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Dvd nav based systems are garbage. I just bought a really nice gps unit from Amazon for $181 shipped that was refurbished. The current model that it compares to was $379 at Best Buy. This gps is 100x better than that oem radio in every single aspect. Go for the premium package all day. I love the backup sensors on my car.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
premium package

1 - 5 of 5 Posts