SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sharing my experience with everyone to raise awareness. So, I was at a junction and about to drive off. I stepped on the gas pedal but the car did not move. The first thing that came to mind was the car stalled. But I then realised that the engine was still idling. After investigating further, I noticed the gas pedal on the floor mat... I picked it up and noted glue residue on the edge where it snapped. Apparently the previous owner or the used car dealer did a "state of the art" repair of the gas pedal. Thank God that the car was stationary and i was not driving on the freeway when this happened. So please check the pedals as well if you are looking at a used car.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am sharing my experience with everyone to raise awareness. So, I was at a junction and about to drive off. I stepped on the gas pedal but the car did not move. The first thing that came to mind was the car stalled. But I then realised that the engine was still idling. After investigating further, I noticed the gas pedal on the floor mat... I picked it up and noted glue residue on the edge where it snapped. Apparently the previous owner or the used car dealer did a "state of the art" repair of the gas pedal. Thank God that the car was stationary and i was not driving on the freeway when this happened. So please check the pedals as well if you are looking at a used car.
Looks like that car is a Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts