SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an 84 GLE at the wrecker, with the stainhole manhole wheel trims. If anyone is desperate to get hold of some of these I could grab them. Bear in mind that I'm in New Zealand when it comes to postage. No use to me, but seems a shame to see them get crushed for scrap. They only cost $4 each, so not a lot to outlay — I probably should just buy them anyway.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Just to chime in, if you're looking for stock 15" wheels that you can still fit Wilwood calipers under that require almost no modifications as VinceT did, these are the only wheels that fit. They do look like some OZ rally rims, especially if you painted them white, so they could be cool...

li Arc

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
They're on my car too, thanks Li Arc for saying they 'could' be cool :evil:

:D :D :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
ooo ooo. Did the wreck have those little plastic plugs for the lug nuts?? I'm still missing one.

li Arc- here's your rally car:cheesy:
I kind of want to get a spare rim and put the full sized spare on top to complete the picture. I had been driving around town with the cage loaded up with wood. I think I did that for a week or so. I was lazy about unloading it:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure I know what you mean — I don't recall seeing anything like that with the wheel nuts, but I'll check next time I'm there.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
No what he's found are the stainless steel wheel covers for the old plain steel rims. I have one sitting around here too for some reason. They spring clip into the rim.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Like I mentioned, it reminds me of the OZ Rally Rims, and even more so with the centre covers removed. My tastes vary with the seasons though; I like the rugged look for rugged times ie. wintry snow, when the purpose of the car shifts from seat-smushing acceleration to off-road drifts and slides. I find I have become more captivated with my 15-spoke teardrops with the centre cover removed than my 8-spoke minilites for this purpose...

li Arc

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Jokki, are you talking about the center covers or the wheels? I've got manholes on my 3 door but one of the centers is missing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts