SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im up in cape cod for the week and i went past a saab today. it was a convertible and the front end was a pre 87 front end! is this a rarity or did someone just get creative with fenders and headlights? do my eyes decieve me?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
There was a 1986 Convertible. They ran 900 turbo running gear, were painted silver with Turbo 85 alloy rims. One car was allocated to each USA Saab dealership. They were sold nowhere else. In 1987 it became a regular production model.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that explains alot. whoever owns that convertible is lucky!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Yes. Around 300 were sold, according to legend. It is rather rare.

There's at least one 'vert in Ireland with the 'bullnose' front end.

Perhaps this will entice Mr. Daly to post pics....

·
Registered
604 Posts
I know that guy a bit, who has the number 1 conv. Its white, and it is in sweden! That one is from 1984!

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
eggsngrits said:
Yes. Around 300 were sold, according to legend. It is rather rare.
I saw a nice red one in a driveway in Warwick, RI with a for sale sign a while back. I posted about it in the lounge, as I know they are rare, but I don't think anyone here bought it :(

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
So, why didn't you buy it, Mr. 'I-need-a-new-tranny'? With that experience behind you, you're the prime candidate for a C900!

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
eggsngrits said:
So, why didn't you buy it, Mr. 'I-need-a-new-tranny'? With that experience behind you, you're the prime candidate for a C900!
haha.. I actually considered it for a little while, but It seemed a bad idea to have more than one car when I'm only renting an apertment and have a small driveway...

It took an offer to buy a Lotus Esprit Turbo SE for me to give more serious thought to having two cars :p

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Whoa, that is an offer!

I've been avoiding the Lounge of late due to a hectic schedule -- perhaps I should visit more often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts