SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Check with GenuineSaab.com about the aftermarket rear mount that they make. Was years ago so if it’s not listed on the site send them an email and see if they have any in stock or what the turn around time is for one.

·
Registered
03 vert se-sports pkg, 01 viggen vert
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check with GenuineSaab.com about the aftermarket rear mount that they make. Was years ago so if it’s not listed on the site send them an email and see if they have any in stock or what the turn around time is for one.
Do you think it would be too stiff running a b204 with balance shaft delete?

·
Registered
03 vert se-sports pkg, 01 viggen vert
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think they do.... the stock mount is hydraulic, but I don't think PPS makes any hydraulic mounts for any application, period.... 9-3, 9-5, c900, 9000, etc.
Have you ever heard of the Hamburg technik mount? I found one of those but I've never heard of it before. Not sure if it's just another cheap China POS or not

·
Registered
19,759 Posts
That is interesting. Have you tried them out before?
No. Just found them when looking for mounts. But they are the only company that I can actually find that's both seller and manufacturer AND that actually suggests serious quality standards for manufacturing. Whether they really follow them or the standards are high enough, I can't say.

We know Pro-parts won't last and there's no additional info on any other manufacturers that I could find.

·
Registered
19,759 Posts
I think i need strut mounts AGAIN. Lol any suggestions? I dont want solid. I noticed the rock sells them by dea/marmon as well?
I can tell you that Pro-Parts will die in a year if you have an upgraded suspension. I can't testify as to a standard suspension. I used Meyle a couple years ago because I couldn't find anything better. Also, they have a lifetime warranty. But when they came in they looked like the Pro-parts mounts. That's a notch better than the worst I've seen but I'm fairly certain that they come out of the same factory. As expected, the Meyle's died in an equivalent year's worth of miles.

If I was buying, I'd try the DEA/Marmon.

·
Registered
19,759 Posts
Oh, it will.

It's scary the used parts I save because PPS is the only alternative.
I just bought some PPS fuel tank straps. $30 vs. $80 for Saab. In the old days, I would have gone for the Saab Original, but it ain't the old days right now for me.

We'll see how they compare in terms of specs when I get the others out. Of course, they can look OK and then the rubber might deteriorate in two years and the studs rust up to unusable status. Not really a critical part or laborious to change like a strut mount so I'm willing to take the risk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts