SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days ago I fitted a boost gauge (temporarily) on my ppc'd aero,for checking the boost pressure...

Here are the numbers....

1st gear not more than 0.8 bar up to the rev limiter...
2nd gear not more than 1.25 bar up to 4500rpm,1.1 up to 5500 and then 0.8 up to the rev limiter...
3rd,4th,5th and 6th goes up to 1.6 bar untill 4500rpm,then goes down to 1.1 bar untill 5500rpm and from ther to the rev limiter goes down to 0.8 bar..

The temperature on that day was 34 celsius,not the best temp for measurements and the clima on ,but even in these auful contitions,the car was perfect...it was going up to very high speeds in no time and the consumtion was more or less like before tuning it..

I'm very satisfied with the numbers..no useless spining of the wheels for the first gears with low boost and then lots of torque with the turbo spooling up to 1.6bar,but also safe ,because when the rpm goes up,the pressure goes down...
This is also the reason why the difference is huge in the mid range rpm between the original 2.0T and the ppc'd one...

Like a lot of people here are saying....the money for the ppc were not wasted...;)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i posted this question a while ago in another post but never got a response...why didn't saab just make first gear longer instead of reducing boost?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Howcome boost is always reduced at 5500. Whats the mechanical explanation, and what would happen if you had 1.6 bar all around? possible?

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
nestoraero said:
2 days ago I fitted a boost gauge (temporarily) on my ppc'd aero,for checking the boost pressure...
Nice to have this data.
What would be really interesting (to me at least) would be to revert to stock ECM settings and repeat the runs. That would give some insight to exactly where the BSR changes occur.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Excellent detective work done there.. well done! You are running stage one are you not?

Standard figures would be great now...

I've been looking at the figures for stage one and three.ppc..

Even a stage one Aero has more torque than an M3! Stage 2 is way over an M3.. of coure BHP is quite a bit down, but I'd like to see official 0-60 figures for a stage 3 Aero.

Hirsch claim 6.5 for there stage 2. Fingers crossed I'll be getting a test drive in a hirsch stage 2 tomorrow. Bsr certainly seems better value though. Does anyone know if you fit an intercooler with bsr stage3? that must push over 280 Bhp... ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vector-SS said:
Howcome boost is always reduced at 5500. Whats the mechanical explanation, and what would happen if you had 1.6 bar all around? possible?
This is done electronicaly to protect the engine/turbo/intercooler/pipes from any possible damage because of the high pressure...this also means longer life for all these parts...;)

In some days from now,I'm going to use a friends g-teck pro R machine to test the car...using the stage one of course...
I'm going to post the results,but I don't think that I'm going to un-tune the car just for the test and with no other reason...you never know what could hapen and since I'm out of the waranty....you know what I mean...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts