SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am attempting to load a new program onto my PPC and it has been sitting on "Contacting Server. (may take a while)" for about an hour now with no movement of the download status bar. Is this normal? Does anyone have any experience downloading updates for the PPC?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased the upgrade from stage 1/2 to stage 3. There are also updates for new releases of the stage of tune you have purchased. I finally got it to connect but now it tells me my VIN does not match so I have to get that straight.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Saabnc,

I was told that they will email you if there is a "important update". In the 7 Months I have had stage 1, I have never had the email. When you log on you do get this from the BSR site :

Download:
This is a program for communicating with BSR database.
When there is important updates we will e-mail all affected customers.
You should only do updates if BSR contacts you.
This version number got nothing with your cars software to do.
PPC Update 1.5.10

My guess, and its only a guess, :confused: is that its unlikely that there will be any "enchancments". The PPC has been around for a while, so any early problems would have been corrected by now..

Sorry your have problems XAAMOTTOMAAX :cry:

Puli

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first problem was just me needing to fiddle with the COM port settings to get it to communicate. This was on me. The VIN problem was just discovered today and I expect it to be rectified very soon as PFS has been very very quick and helpful in getting me setup with the stage 3 upgrade. I'm not updating my software and did not receive notification to do so. I bought the stage 3 program for an additional 15hp and 15lb/ft for $170! You can't beat that! 275hp will just have to get me by in the meantime. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts