SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around for related information but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I have a 2003 9-3 SS Arc with 11-speaker system upgrade and in-dash changer. I recently purchased a Ominifi DMP-1 mp3 player which I will hookup to the aux port on the back of the stereo system (all done and ready). The system requires power and here is where I am lost. This is not your typical mp3 player but rather another audio component, it stores music on a internal hard drive and has its own console. To make along story short the system requires power however it does give any instructions as to how to do it. It has four bare cables that according to the instructions are:

- Ground
- Ignition Switched +12V DC
- Dimmer
- Battery +12V DC

As you can tell, I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to wiring, specially for power. I was hoping I can get the power from the cig lighter but it only has 2 cables (power and ground I guess), which makes this a no go. The other option is to get all these connections from the current audio system and thats where I am stuck. How do I know which cables are the ones for the funtions the mp3 player needs. Is there any wiring diagram for the back of the audio system? Do I have any other options for power?

Please help!!!!! I have already put over 10 hours of work on this project and I need some help.

Thanks!!!!!!

-Quisito

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quisito said:
I looked around for related information but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I have a 2003 9-3 SS Arc with 11-speaker system upgrade and in-dash changer. I recently purchased a Ominifi DMP-1 mp3 player which I will hookup to the aux port on the back of the stereo system (all done and ready). The system requires power and here is where I am lost. This is not your typical mp3 player but rather another audio component, it stores music on a internal hard drive and has its own console. To make along story short the system requires power however it does give any instructions as to how to do it. It has four bare cables that according to the instructions are:

- Ground
- Dimmer
- Battery +12V DC

As you can tell, I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to wiring, specially for power. I was hoping I can get the power from the cig lighter but it only has 2 cables (power and ground I guess), which makes this a no go. The other option is to get all these connections from the current audio system and thats where I am stuck. How do I know which cables are the ones for the funtions the mp3 player needs. Is there any wiring diagram for the back of the audio system? Do I have any other options for power?

Please help!!!!! I have already put over 10 hours of work on this project and I need some help.

Thanks!!!!!!

-Quisito
Your sig. ligher wiring is good for:
- Ground

As far as Dimmer you will have to tap it somewhere by the headlight switch
For the constant positive (battery), either run a fresh line to the battery or tap a wire somewhere by iginition .... easier to run a line to the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
schernov said:
Your sig. ligher wiring is good for:
- Ground

As far as Dimmer you will have to tap it somewhere by the headlight switch
For the constant positive (battery), either run a fresh line to the battery or tap a wire somewhere by iginition .... easier to run a line to the battery.
Thanks Schernov for the quick reply. I am not concerned about the Dimmer, I can live without it. The constant positive power is really what I am going after now that I know where to get ground and ignition switched. I know the stereo has constant positive power given you can turn it on any time. Does anybody know what cable is supplying the audio system with constant power? Does anybody know the socket diagram for the audio system? Running a fresh line is not an option for me, I would not know where to start....

Help!!!!

-Juan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts