SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear driver's side window opens and closes only an inch at a time, regardless of the way I try, auto or manual up/down (I have the comfort open/close with pinch protection). I can open and close it fully by pushing the switch dozens of times.

It makes no difference if I use the driver's switch or the rear door switch and I can hear no strange sounds. I tried to push and pull the window when it was half way to see if the regulator was faulty, but it seems to slide smoothly and normally. Removed the fuse and put it back, no effect.

I tried to open and close with the pinch protect override, but that made no difference.

Any ideas? Will it help to get the fuse out for a longer time?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Did you remove fuse 21 in the rear electrical centre to reset the pinch protection for the rear windows? That's the fuse box in the boot/trunk.

Once you've done that, re-program the pinch protection using this procedure:
  1. Shut the doors
  2. Turn the key to the 'ON' position.
  3. Open the side window about 15 cm.
  4. Close the window completely and hold the button for at least 1 second after the window stops.
  5. Press down the button and the window will now go down by itself.
  6. Wait at least 1 second.
  7. Drive the window fully up and hold the button in position until closing is confirmed with a sound signal.
If this does not work, try cleaning the window tracks, even though you said you used the pinch override to test. I'm aware that there is pinch override for the sunroof (by holding the childlock button on the driver's window control panel while operating the sunroof) but I'm not sure if this overrides window pinch protection.

There are Technical Service Bulletins out regarding such problems with the pinch protection systems for window modules so, if you're unable to fix it, it might pay to see your dealer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled fuse 21 for a while (yesterday I pulled fuse 6 or 7) and now the window auto opens, but refuses to calibrate. The rear right one, which had to be calibrated as well calibrated fine at the first attempt.

Probably something's wrong with the pinch protection. For now it's ok, as it doesn't comfort open I won't miss the comfort closing (too cold weather anyway), but I'm afraid I'll have to do some surgery inside the door.

Thanks for the hint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts