SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been in in the Hospital for a while, better now, got back into the vert the other day, Drivers side window goes down like a rocket but slower than molasses in January on the way up and hangs up......sort of pulling up and wiggling gets it all the way. I did a search but couldn't find a DIY!

Also, seem to be losing boost on average acceleration....AMM Possibly? AIC is Fairly New.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Have a look on www.twinsaabs.com in the C900 folder > Slow window syndrome.

Losing boost could be all sorts. Check for vac leaks, wastegate actuator etc. Depending on how long you were away the petrol might have gone a bit stale.

Hospital. Ugh. I was only in for 24 hours (kidney stone - avoid at all costs) and I really missed my Saab.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was down for a month......All Vac lines werte checked, refueled, dizzy n wires relatively new.....will check the actuator and wastgate.

thanks, j

·
4,637 Posts
My slow-rising windows on the 'vert were down to worn out rubbers in the window guides. Because the 'vert window uses a metal extender piece in the window guide, the 'felt' wears off the guide and the metal then drags on the exposed rubber. I replaced mine with guides from some random car in the scrapyard. Lubrication of the guide with Vaseline (petroleum jelly) might help without having to dismantle everything.

Anyone know if that white Lithium grease would be safe for the rubber? only I've got a spray can of that stuff so I could well grease the runners. Did wonders with the back window zip in the top...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts