SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets start with the basics.
Power window switch works, tested with two switches.
Motor works, tried three of them outside the car with a hot wire.
All connections at the switch work, went thru them all with the troubleshooting guide on Quasi.
With everything connected, I get 12V at the connector in the door.
Now the problem begins..

Both front windows do not work. As soon as I plug in the motor, the circuit no longer has power. Both rear windows and the sunroof work just not the front windows. Both doors have the same problems.

I can get the window to lower if I create my own ground with a test lead, but this will not work permanently as the circuit reversed when the window is raised.

Nothing makes sense to me anymore. Why does the circuit work until I plug a motor into it? How can there be a ground issue if the rear windows and sunroof work? Hopefully someone else knows what to do. I have spent about two weeks trying to figure it out. :cry:

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,806 Posts
Should there be one for the "one touch" function? Perhaps that's where your problem lies as that's unique to the front windows.

[edit] Actually maybe no relay. I can't find one in the epc at least.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
There is no relay in the power window circuitry (front or rear). However the fronts share a feed (along with daytime dimmer relay) the through fuse #11 under the SRS. The daytime lights are fed via fuse #31.

Try pulling that fuse (#31).

I am shooting it out my ssa here - but maybe there is something in that daytime running light circuit that is pulling the entire system voltage down. Enough that the lift motors are without power.

I would not butt in with useless suggestions. I only offer this because I just got over a similar situation to yours.

The kid tells me that his front windows would not operate up or down. I go to look at it and the first thing I see is about 8 blown fuses (from the #11 slot) tossed on the floor under the passengers seat.

Replaced the #11 with a 30 amp and pulled out #31 fuse - the problem has not resurfaced.

Oh BTW- the fuses on the floor were not the issue. Some 25's, 20's and a 30. I think a 15 would hold the load under normal conditions.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thesaabsite has a relay listed, which is why I asked. As far as the fuse suggestion, I have no issues with the fuse blowing. My issue is absolutely no power to the window motor with the motor plugged in. Everything points to a ground issue but makes no sense because the circuits for the sunroof and rear windows all work. In fact, I get 12V to the motor so long as it is not plugged in...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts