SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fuse for power steering? My power steering feels like it is manual steering. Trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Power steering is hydraulic not electric. Check the reservoir for fluid, if its full then i suspect the pump has died.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Power steering is hydraulic not electric.

Yes thank god!

The wife's mini cooper has an electric motor for the PS and it whines and whines and..............well ...........whines :roll:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking the pump may be dead.. I have the feeling I will be doing a lot to this car...

Now I have to figure why the brake light is staying on..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Now I have to figure why the brake light is staying on..

Crawl down by the pedals and pull the kick panel off and look for the two little plungers that should be pressed against the brake pedal. I had the same problem after I changed the booster due to the rods being different lengths. I depressed the brake pedal with my hand and using a long screw driver I was able to push the plunger out. I found out one plunger controls the brake light sensor and park release and the other controls when the cruise control shuts off due to brakes being used. This could be one culprit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just going to fill a swimming pool full of WD-40 and drive it in. The PO said the car was in the garage for 2 years, so now comes the fun job of finding out the faults and fixing everything.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Replace the belt and the lights will be ok.

Excuse my ignorance, but how are these two issues connected? I can see mechanical issues being affected by this, but I'm trying to think of how the brake lights would be involved. I'm just looking to learn something today. :D

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Alternator warning light controls some warning light functions, no belt -> many warnings. Undervoltage can cause ABS errors also.

No connection from rear brakelights to the belt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts