SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a power steering leak somewhere but I can’t find where exactly. I’m guessing that the leak is somewhere in the red circle of the first pic. Hydraulic fluid is spread all under the car, but as you can see in the second pic, this part (in the red square), is dripping fluid too.

Do you guys have any idea where it can come from?

I followed all lines in the draw with numbers, but all seems to be all right. The oil is draining mostly on the left side of the car (if you stand in front of it).

I’ll really appreciate if you guys can give me some advice, thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Sir, I believe its your rack seals, just like mine, and nearly $500 at eEuroParts plus the labor which may be even more. For me its close to $0.00 unless I kill myself doing this task.:D:):lol::cheesy:
The Haynes...not one pic !
Suberb pics, BTW.
More to come.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sir, I believe its your rack seals, just like mine, and nearly $500 at eEuroParts plus the labor which may be even more. For me its close to $0.00 unless I kill myself doing this task.:D:):lol::cheesy:
The Haynes...not one pic !
More to come.
What???? :eek:

Well... some day... some time.. I will try to kill myself too, as I can afford to spend that kind of money now.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
What???? :eek:

Well... some day... some time.. I will try to kill myself too, (here in America, a man cannot afford to die, its inflated to $5,000, if one believes the commercials) as I can afford to spend that kind of money now.Monitor the level and carry a can of PSF...but, wait what year is it? The newer Saabs use a CHF 11S spec fluid ....[/QUOTE]
Three years ago, mine started to weep, then seep, recently leak, now its a drip. During that time, I expended 3 or 4 cans of PSF(power steering fluid) at $1.30 per can.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the typo, it was can’t afford instead of can afford… I was just too shocked :cry:

The car is a 96 saab, 3-door, 5 speed manual and a 2.0

Any special steering fluid for that particular model?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Sorry for the typo, it was can’t afford instead of can afford… I was just too shocked :cry:

The car is a 96 saab, 3-door, 5 speed manual and a 2.0

Any special steering fluid for that particular model?
For the '96 I use "any old" or universal fluid. $0.89 for 8 oz at Ollies, 5 years ago.
Honda, just to be different, or better?, has its own.
For the '97 and onward, its the much more expensive CHF 11S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts